Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fleury ???

Dobber Sports Master

Default Fleury ???

Any word on the extent of his injury last night?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fleury ???

other than the news of him falling and hurting his ankle, nothing else has come out.

It would be good news for me if hes out, since I have sabo.
    C - Roy, Spezza, B. Richards
    RW - Hemsky, Doan (LW)
    LW - Ray Whitney, D. Sedin, Marleau (C), Kostitsyn
    D - Spacek, Weber, S. Niedermayer, Suter
    G - Nabokov, Khabibulin , Turco
    IR Selanne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Haven\'t heard anything new but have been scouring the web - I am guessing this is not good for Fleury - anytime you do an ankle or knee and can\'t put weight on it after it is going to cost significant time, especially for a goalie. Unless he flipped a tendon which could have the same symptoms but not really that bad when it reflips.

This is completely guess work on my part but I am going to say if you have him - make plans to miss him - if you don\'t - grab Sabourin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Apparently slight ankle sprain and will be gone a week according to this link. I would wonder if a week is enough but who knows.

http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=1749

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Fleury ???

Shoeless wrote:
    Unless he flipped a tendon which could have the same symptoms but not really that bad when it reflips.
    Dr Shoeless, can you explain to the class what the hell flipping a tendon is?hmy: :blink:

I\'ve heard straining, pulling, tearing, ripping, stretching, tweaking, but never flipping.:P
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Yeah across the top of the arch of your foot relatively close to the ankle there is a major tendon that in freak circumstances (happened to me) can flip over and cause immediate pain and swelling. Feels serious at the time but usually within 24 hours it manages to right itself and a day or two later nothing is wrong. But I honestly only know of my case and one more - so not very common.

I am not a hockey guy and perhaps skate boots are just too snug to allow it to happen - this was good old low cut football cleats that the other two cases were. Anyone remember Dick Cohee? He was the other guy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fleury ???

FLEURY INJURY UPDATE

Pens starting goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was injured in the first period of last nights game in Calgary. When will he return to the lineup?

Sources tell Pittsburgh Sports Insider that Marc-Andre Fleury will miss at least a week with an injured ankle. The official injury description from the Penguins is slight ankle sprain. Following the game last night, Fleury was walking around in a boot to protect the ankle. Obviously, Dany Sabourin becomes the Penguins #1 goaltender. After replacing Fleury last night, Sabourin made 24 saves. For the season, he has a 2.38 G.A. and a .914 save percentage. Look for the Penguins to recall Ty Conklin from the Wilkes-Barre Baby Penguins. In 18 games, played this season, Conklin is 11-7, with a 2.21 G.A and a .911 save percentage.
    C - Roy, Spezza, B. Richards
    RW - Hemsky, Doan (LW)
    LW - Ray Whitney, D. Sedin, Marleau (C), Kostitsyn
    D - Spacek, Weber, S. Niedermayer, Suter
    G - Nabokov, Khabibulin , Turco
    IR Selanne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Also read where he was wearing this boot in the press box at the Canuck game - which sounds like a walking cast type thing to me. He won\'t be back real quick methinks. And after the game Sabourin played the Pens maybe shouldn\'t be too concerned - Sabourin is quietly having himself a nice year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Fleury ???

Thanks for the explanation on the flip and the update. The flip sounds painful.

I guess you\'re off to the beach this weekend? Not clear on my Korean geography, so I\'m not sure how close you are to the beaches. It sounds pretty bad. Hope they can clean it up.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

It is bad - the slick came ashore yesterday in one of the nicest resort areas in Korea. There is a massive sea farming industry there as well as a national marine preserve and it\'s a major migratory bird stopover spot.

I have spent the last two summers and at least one weekend every month doing volunteer work in a small fishing village that is about 3kms south of where the slick came ashore and the winds were moving it in the direction of the village - I can\'t reach anyone by phone as they are busy trying to control the slick and clean the beaches - I decided not to drive out because it would be a madhouse and take hours to get there and back even though it is usually only 1 1/2 hour drive.

I feel pretty sick and a whole lot helpless right now - not knowing exactly how bad it is going to be for them. It could easily wipe out their economy for some time to come and it is really all they have known for centuries. I start vacation in a week so I can get out there and see if there is something I can do. I suspect cash and lots of it are going to be required - relief funds never really stretch far enough and there will be families pushed to the wall. Raising money is something I can do well here in Korea so maybe my mission for the next while is there.

Sorry this was a bit of an emotional dump - haven\'t really talked to anyone else about it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Fleury ???

My hope is that technology will triumph. We\'ve had several oil spills happen over the last 10 years and I know each and every time they improve on how to deal with the fallout.

I hope that it turns out better than expected. This type of disaster is absolutely terrible. I\'ll be following what happens and hoping for the best.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Fleury ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Part of the problem there is that it is a stormy part of the coast and it has the second highest tide in the world next to Fundy - the tide is throwing the oil into the beach then recycling it down over the rich oyster beds and the wind and waves have been making spill booms useless.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Fleury ???

A slight return to the main subject... Fleury could be out for 2 to 4 weeks with his ankle sprain according to this french site.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/241919.html

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fleury ???

Thanks Dany - I knew damn well he was cooked for an extended period. I am betting closer to a month. Hope someone announces this in my league so Sabo has a significant upgrade in trade currency. Hope he keeps playing like he did against the Nucks too.