Thread: Varly or S. Mason in week 1?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Varly or S. Mason in week 1?

Varly's hurt but expected to skate on Monday' Washington plays ATL and NJ back-to-back this week. Mason has back-to-back games against SJ in Europe.

I had planned to play Varly, but with his injury I'm not sure if he'll play either game. Should I go for the guaranteed start from Mason and hold my breath that he won't get blown out? Or does anyone have some insight that Varly will be ready to roll this week? Thanks!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If it was me, i would go with the sure thing, Mason. Not sure what kind of injury Varlamov has so...... How bad can Mason hurt you in 1 week. Just my thoughts.

The Magnificent One

i thought varly was over his injury but besides that it looks lik neuvirth was announced as the starter for opening night. so there alone in week one you know he will get one less start than mason. with that being announced who knows. varly could end up playing the rest of the week or neuvirth goes super hot and takes all the starts..

most likely they split the starts but if mason can play well he will get 90% of the starts.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi