Thread: Eberle/Hall for Bobby Lou

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Eberle/Hall for Bobby Lou

13 Team Points only Limited Keeper League (keep 4 + up to three players with less than 3 nhl seasons played) 2 points for wins and 5 for shutouts (8f/4d/2g)

I have been offered Bobby Luongo for Eberle and Hall.

My team is as follows:
    AO, Kovy, Hall, Eberle, Andy MacDonald, Hemsky, O. Jokinen, Zherdev, J. Staal
    Green, Boyle, Visnovski, Yandle, Wideman
    Brodeur, Nittymaki, Lehtonen, M. Smith

Thoughts? I can keep Hall and Eberle for "free" for the next three years, but a Marty-Bobby combo is awfully tempting.
    Last edited by Chop Chop Chicken; September 27, 2010 at 4:23 PM.

The Magnificent One

interesting and i cant believe i will say this but i will pass on this. with hall and eberle being 3 free keeps for the next 3 yrs i think that adds super value to them.

this lets you have AO, kovy, hall, eberle, brodeur, green as your keepers going forward. i think this is a better core than having AO, kovy, green and luongo as you will probably keep luongo over brodeur going forward.

yes i think you need a better second goaile but right now i think you are ok. keep hall and eberle they are explosive just look at last nights game with edm winning 8-2.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you're looking to win this year, I think I'd make the deal. Luongo is in for a monster of a year!

You could always try and see if he/she has any depth d-men they could throw in.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I think I'd likely take Luongo in this exchange as well. I've recently learned that youth movements are generally over-hyped and that seniority should take priority.

That's 2, for Lou.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not sure if I need depth d-men. Any one else able to chime in?

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you don't make the deal, your top 4 are AO, Brodeur, Green and Kovalchuk, but you also get to keep Eberle and Hall.

If you make the deal, your top 4 are AO, Brodeur, Green and Luongo. Can you pick up anyone of value to keep at the end of the year?

If the answer is no, then I think you are better off standing pat.

I think you are okay on D with the five you list. Not a big fan of Wideman, but he'll get some points in Fla and your top 4 are excellent.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Recruit

Personally, I wouldn't go for this. Eberle and Hall have performed exemplary on every stage they've seen. Hall could be good for 25 goals this season and Eberle could very well out-produce him, points-wise. Along with Paarjavi, these kids look to be the real deal. Although there are very high expectations for them, there has been for Luongo who has been unable to carry VAN to the conference final. Luongo could end up being one of the best goalies to never really succeed in the NHL, while between Hall and Eberle, there's a damned good chance at least one of them becomes an elite player. At worst, you can re-evaluate them after this season.