Thread: Backlund? Boychuk? Byfuglien? oh my?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Wink Backlund? Boychuk? Byfuglien? oh my?

Just to give a bit of info about the pool. It is a 15 team, 20-players per team(three bench players), a keeper league, salary max is 59 million. i am using 57.33 million with 1 player left to select in the sept draft, which will be in the 1.5 million dollar variety. i have the 16th and 17th picks in the draft(players available would be Shattenkirk, Couture, Beach, and maybe Kulikov, Bozak if they drop. im tgrying to trade and get an upgrade over Byfuglien by adding the 16th or 17th picks, or both for a guy like Backes, Neal, Connolly, Kovalev, Krejci, J.Jokinen, Malone) without much success. any advice will help. I want to hear some other people's analysis. thanks

Team name: New Order

Joe Thornton
    Jonathan Toews
    Marty St-Louis
    Henrik Zetterberg
    Henrik Lundqvist
    John Tavares
    Kristian Huselius
    Jordan Staal
    David Bolland
    Valtteri Filppula
    Alex Ponikarovsky
    Dustin Byfuglien
    Nikita Filatov
    Jay Bouwmeester
    Pavel Kubina
    Zach Boychuk
    Mikhael Backlund
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Joe Colborne

what r your guys' opinions on guys like Ponikarovsky, Byfuglien, Bouwmeester, Bolland, Filppula, Filatov, Backlund, Boychuk, Pietrangelo and Colborne and their projections for this year. Who's a better prospect WHO MAY PRODUCE THIS YEAR: Couture, Beach, Skinner, Stepan, Tangradi, Niederriter, Sexton, Shattenkirk, Demers, ?????

Dobber Sports Stud

of the who may produce this year i would mark Couture skinner and demers as the biggest bets with fantasy relevance this year. Tangradi also has a big shot lining up with either crosby or malkin so i have as a sleeper for 55+

If you have positional requirements like Defence and Byfuglien gets Dual eligibility i would strongly reccomend keeping him as i can guarantee he will not be playing solely D and a 40-50 point defence is pretty big in value

this year i would prefer to have bozak over the likes of jordan staal and bolland. jordan staal seems to be overrated quite some and i guess u should hold on to him if you think he can really break out this year. I do not.

its kinda hard to decipher what else you need help on without knowing your players salaries and your leagues cats.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default New Order vs. SBC Reloaded

this guy.. "sbc reloaded" probably has the best team, just to give u a reference

Crosby 6.26
    Lecavalier 4.76
    Kopitar 4.70
    Nash 4.93
    Fleury 4.05
    Hemsky 3.25
    Ryan 3.53
    Frolik 2.80
    Tanguay 2.62
    Versteeg 2.52
    Okposo 2.33
    Myers 2.24
    Brouwer 1.97
    Bailey 1.99
    Bran. Sutter 1.95
    Turris 1.5
    Bergfors 1.47

and he has the 3rd pick, which he'll take erik karlsson. we need 3 D and one can be on your bench.

and ill give the salaries for my team

5.27 Henrik Lundqvist G G NYR
    5.22 Joe Thornton C SJ
    5.21 Henrik Zetterberg C Det
    5.03 Martin St. Louis RW TB
    2.19 John Tavares C NYI
    4.33 Jonathan Toews C Chi
    3.30 Kristian Huselius LW Cls
    3.28 Alexei Ponikarovsky LW LA
    3.15 Jordan Staal C Pit
    2.64 Dustin Byfuglien D Atl
    2.61 Jay Bouwmeester D D Cgy
    2.57 Pavel Kubina D D TB
    2.37 Valtteri Filppula C Det
    2.20 Nikita Filatov LW Cls
    1.80 Mikael Backlund C Cgy
    1.66 Dave Bolland C Chi
    1.50 Joe Colborne C Bos
    1.50 Zach Boychuk LW Car
    1.50 Alex Pietrangelo D D StL

i have bolland at a very low price but as our top 17 count, im looking to keep colborne, pietrangelo and either boychuk or backlund as my 3 bench players. i have a feeling that kubina will gain a lot of points through association with that offense and pp. in reality, i need 50-60 pool points from either filatov, backlund or boychuk. i have been petitioning to have byfuglien as a defensemen. i also find that if jordan staal plays with either malkin or crosby, he can pop in 70 nhl points and break out, if his foot heals. im hoping for breakout years from fillpula, bolland, tavares(the only thing that scares me with bolland is if they put sharp as 2nd center and bolland gets put on the 3rd line. zetterberg, st-louis, thornton, toews and lundqvist should be good points. my core is toews and tavares. will filatov get me enough points 50-55 for me this year.

GOALS ARE 2 POINTS, ASSISTS ARE 1 POINT, PPGOAL ADDS 2 POINTS, SHG ADDS 4 POINTS, +/- COUNTS, PIM COUNTS(1/2 FOR 2 PIM) WINS ARE 4 POINTS AND SHUTOUTS ARE AN EXTRA 7.

ill also let u know of some of the trades that ive done this offseason.

gaborik for thornton and a 1st sept 2011(equivalent of an eberle, mps, almost seguin)

mike richards, stlouis, doan, 2nd rounder for p.kane, horton, raymond

m.richards and a pick for tavares and a pick(saved 2.6 million)

plekanec for pietrangelo, quincey, boychuk

doan for m.backlund and a 1st sept(saved 2.5 million)

just to name a few
    GIVE ME A RUN DOWN. I THINK ITS A GREAT POOL IM IN, THIS IS MY 3RD YEAR BUT THE POOL HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 15 YEARS. I WAS ON A WAITING LIST FOR 1-2 YEARS