Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Grab Stepan before it's too late

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    sentium, stay away from the tequila, its alluring but leaves you with brutal headaches the next day.

my instinct is to be somewhat skeptical as well, but look at dubinsky. he took off like crazy his first year because of chemistry with a star winger. mind you, he was a little older... but the precedent is there.

then again, i still think it'd be better to see the kid in the CHL for a year. don't really understand why all these teams are in such a rush.

its the new nhl with a cap.....and kovy type contracts......

thats the rush

cheap labour

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    tatar outpoints stepan in 2015-16 - ( i actually have no idea)

heres my thing....its sept 20....how someone looks day 1-2 of camp means zero....nazim kadri looks good in leafs camp....

i care about how these guys perform against the REAL nhlers when it counts later on in the later exhibition games or early reg season games

stepan may very well turn out to be a huge surprise this year, however i cant help but think this is just a case of 'way to early' fantasy hype.....

we play fantasy....the rangers play 'real' hockey

stepan has taken 1 baby step

peace
    Duh? Most obvious thing in the world.

Why not say that in the first place? Why go on about completely irrelevant stuff like 9 game tryout and Tatar?

It is a heads up post. I'm not saying that stepan WILL 100% TEAR THE HOCKEY WORLD APART!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Duh? Most obvious thing in the world.

Why not say that in the first place? Why go on about completely irrelevant stuff like 9 game tryout and Tatar?

It is a heads up post. I'm not saying that stepan WILL 100% TEAR THE HOCKEY WORLD APART!
    tatar had an awesome wings camp in 0910

9 game reg season tryouts are the TRUE test

heads up post?......thanks......

kadri got an assist today in a blue white scrimmage at the mastercard center....keep an eye on him......

Banned

Why are you talking about a 9 game tryout? He doesn't play in the CHL.

The post here isn't about one random guy who gets a goal in camp, so he should be on our radar. It's about a highly talented prospect who has a major opportunity to secure a top spot on an NHL team, which would give him a lot of fantasy value, and whoever acts quick and snags him int heir leagues could possibly benefit.

Tatar was a completely different situation. There was no room for him on DET and he wasn't ready. For Stepan, there's room and he looks to be ready for the big leagues.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Why are you talking about a 9 game tryout? He doesn't play in the CHL.

The post here isn't about one random guy who gets a goal in camp, so he should be on our radar. It's about a highly talented prospect who has a major opportunity to secure a top spot on an NHL team, which would give him a lot of fantasy value, and whoever acts quick and snags him int heir leagues could possibly benefit.

Tatar was a completely different situation. There was no room for him on DET and he wasn't ready. For Stepan, there's room and he looks to be ready for the big leagues.
    9 game tryout.....5 game tryout....chl...minor pro...whatever....all that matters is what this kid does in reg season action at start of the year against nhlers....IF he makes it that far

i laugh in the face of sept 20 fantasy hype

last years hype was embarassing

day 2 of camp means ZERO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anyway.. Thanks for the post Sentium. It is good news and good for people that either own him or where he is still available in their fantasy leagues to hear that he is getting a good look and may very well be contributing as early as this year.
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    9 game tryout.....5 game tryout....chl...minor pro...whatever....all that matters is what this kid does in reg season action at start of the year against nhlers....IF he makes it that far

i laugh in the face of sept 20 fantasy hype

last years hype was embarassing

day 2 of camp means ZERO
    sounds to me like someone may have got burnt by some hype in previous years haha
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    then again, i still think it'd be better to see the kid in the CHL for a year. don't really understand why all these teams are in such a rush.
    As Steps is already 20, he would be in the AHL if he doesn't crack the main team.

I think Sentium's point is very valid. A month ago his chance of making this team was extremely low (even Dobbs guide stated as much). Given how he has played as of late, his chances continue to rise. No one is saying he is a lock for superstardom this year. But if he does start putting up points during preseason or in "Real NHL games" ... doesn't that mean its already too late? Sentium was just trying to give people a heads up on a guy before it was obvious.
    15 Team Keeper - 30 Player Roster, Full Keeper (Pts=1,W=2,SO=2,OTL=1)
    Weekly LineUps (2C,2R,2L,4D,1G)

C-Backstrom,Borgstrom,Schmaltz,Domi,J. Boqvist,Steel,Stepan,Vilardi
    RW-Atkinson,Fiala,Caufield,Terry,Radulov,Kailyev
    LW-Zucker,Ehlers,Formenton,Jost,Lindblom,Buchnevich
    D-Doughty,Hedman,Faulk,Barrie,Josi,K.Miller
    G-Fleury,Price,Hart,

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jsender View Post
    sounds to me like someone may have got burnt by some hype in previous years haha
    not me bro

i dont drink fantasy fool aid this early

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lokguin View Post
    As Steps is already 20, he would be in the AHL if he doesn't crack the main team.

I think Sentium's point is very valid. A month ago his chance of making this team was extremely low (even Dobbs guide stated as much). Given how he has played as of late, his chances continue to rise. No one is saying he is a lock for superstardom this year. But if he does start putting up points during preseason or in "Real NHL games" ... doesn't that mean its already too late? Sentium was just trying to give people a heads up on a guy before it was obvious.

no...not to late at all....

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jsender View Post
    Anyway.. Thanks for the post Sentium. It is good news and good for people that either own him or where he is still available in their fantasy leagues to hear that he is getting a good look and may very well be contributing as early as this year.
    evryones getting a good look right now

has rangers made their main camp cuts yet?

stepan plays in the A

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My dear tequilamonster: My point is that you shouldn't go throwing terms and stuff around you that you don't have a clue about. Tatar's performance and situation last year and that 9 game tryout are two examples.

Now I'm gonna go back to drinking the fool-aid, bro.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think if anything Steps is probably underhyped, underrated and more under the radar than other similar players.

He had a dominate u20 tourney. Played lights out for his team in college. And has basically done nothing to drop his fantasy stock over the past year. And yet he still seems not to be in that "higher tier of prospects".
    15 Team Keeper - 30 Player Roster, Full Keeper (Pts=1,W=2,SO=2,OTL=1)
    Weekly LineUps (2C,2R,2L,4D,1G)

C-Backstrom,Borgstrom,Schmaltz,Domi,J. Boqvist,Steel,Stepan,Vilardi
    RW-Atkinson,Fiala,Caufield,Terry,Radulov,Kailyev
    LW-Zucker,Ehlers,Formenton,Jost,Lindblom,Buchnevich
    D-Doughty,Hedman,Faulk,Barrie,Josi,K.Miller
    G-Fleury,Price,Hart,

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    My dear tequilamonster: My point is that you shouldn't go throwing terms and stuff around you that you don't have a clue about. Tatar's performance and situation last year and that 9 game tryout are two examples.

Now I'm gonna go back to drinking the fool-aid, bro.

zzzzzzzzzz

im so bored with 2nd rd pick sept 20 2010 hype

wake me up when the season begins and stepans in the A

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lokguin View Post
    I think if anything Steps is probably underhyped, underrated and more under the radar than other similar players.

He had a dominate u20 tourney. Played lights out for his team in college. And has basically done nothing to drop his fantasy stock over the past year. And yet he still seems not to be in that "higher tier of prospects".

stepan is just another tyler bozak bro