Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: overated?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default overated?

after beating up on the preds in 5 games, we are now rolling over the wings (granted its only been one game). maybe the central division is a bit inflated with columbus, chicago, and st louis. i wouldnt mind playing those three teams 8 times in the season to pad my stats.....
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:overated?

It use to be only Red Wings, but now Preds brought their team up. We will just have to wait for the Blues, Hawks and Jackets to bring their teams up and maybe the Red Wings will drop. - I can only wish. :whistle:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I was actually think that exact same thing after the season had ended. How do you sell games when you have St.Louis, Chicago, and Columbus coming into your barn more then anybody else. Maybe Nashville just needs to change to the East. Get some new blood in there. Switch with Carolina/Atlanta for a season. See if that changes anything in any of those cities as far as getting butts in those seats. WHY NOT?? Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

goose191919 wrote:
    after beating up on the preds in 5 games, we are now rolling over the wings (granted its only been one game). maybe the central division is a bit inflated with columbus, chicago, and st louis. i wouldnt mind playing those three teams 8 times in the season to pad my stats.....
    I do think the Wings are a tad overrated. Considering their division had 2 100+ point teams, and the Pacific had 3 100+ point teams, and the Northwest almost had 3 100+ point teams...there\'s a kind of lesser competition in the Central. That\'s how it seems to me. So yeah, the Wings are overrated, but their home record this year was phenomenal, so it\'s a little easy to fully discount the Red Wing\'s effort.

As on last night\'s game:
    Sharks, while playing their conservative game, still only managed just over 20 shots on the Red Wings. They blocked something like 18 shots, and allowed I think 36 shots.
    If I was Ron Wilson, I wouldn\'t be all too happy with the Sharks sleepwalking through the 2nd and 3rd periods. It\'s great that they held the lead, but Joe Thornton said they felt comfortable with a 2 goal lead, and you honestly shouldn\'t when Zetterberg is out there on the ice.

Sharks need more shots on net. There\'s really no excuse.

Post edited by: lockedge, at: 2007/04/27 11:36
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Expert

zetterberg looked really lifeless last night, you could almost see him wince on every shift.

lockedge you are soo right, I was just chewing away at the nails last night, I thought forsure a few of those shots would have made their way through to tickle the twine, I was feeling Mclaren\'s, Brown\'s, Hannan\'s, and Grier\'s pain every blocked shot. The Sharks shouldn\'t be satified with their effort, they need to pick up the intensity and burry the wings in game 2. It will be huge to win 2 at the Joe and go back to the shark tank with a 2-0 lead in the series.

I can\'t believe the wings would give Datsyuk a contract like that, why would you offer somebody that much money when that player (SHOULD NOT) possibly never where a letter on their jersey. The way he played last night was disgusting. I would tell everyone on the sharks to hit him every chance you get and he will be done mentally for the rest of the series. Zetterberg is one hit away from being eliminated from the 2007 playoffs aswell. Detroit is in a world of hurt. Their only d-men are Lidstrom and Schneider. Chelios doesn\'t even make his presence known out there anymore, probably because he is 62. Z..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i, unfortunately, was unable to actually watch the game last night since i was on the road for work and couldnt even pick up a damn radio signal for more than 4 minutes (grrrr!!!). i did get to watch the highlights that was on youtube though, and i had 4 of my friends texting me updates whenever anything would happen.

this matchup is a bit interesting because the red wings are the oldest team in the nhl and the sharks were the youngest until the trade deadline when they picked up guerin and rivet. i think our youth and energy is showing in the matchup.

if we have a 3 game lead going into game 4, i am planning on bringing a broom to the game and throwin it on the ice after we score an empty netter to secure the win. look for it on tv as i am sure it will be all over the place.

Dobber Sports Icon

I predicted Detroit over Calgary in seven in the first round... DET came out quite hot the first two games, and made it a bit of a shorter series, but that\'s exactly what happened. They were hot. They were getting bounces, Calgary was flat and so DET moved on.

DET doesn\'t play exceptional hockey every night though. They haven\'t all year. They have spurts where they go on ABSOLUTE TEARS, but then they slow down, like all their old guys are tired or something. I think the san jose in 5 I predicted in the \"playoff prediction part 2\" article might be a little too forgiving to DET... a sweep is definitely not out of the question.

SJ looks amazing so far these playoffs, I\'m glad I picked them to go to the finals, it\'s giving me a slight chance since Pittsburgh losing blew my playoff pool up...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

shit.....damn wings

we looked great in the opening, but like game 1, we didnt put them away right away. still, splitting the first two away games is great as we will come out hard hitting and fast skating at home. i dont think bell should be in for pavelski....bell is awful. i wish we would give him back to chicago. we all call him DUIey anyways......

Dobber Sports Pro

I hope you\'re right, because the Sharks got outplayed in pretty much all aspects after they scored those first 2 goals. Like Joe Thornton said, they\'re comfortable with a 2 goal lead. Except Zets got a goal right after, and it kind of set a tone.

And I agree about Bell. He was a good player in Chicago, but since his \"incident\", he\'s been trash.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

PROSPECTS

Well I think they just wanted Bell to smash some bodies, but the 2nd line needs Pavelski\'s speed well to keep up with marleau and guerin anyway. The Sharks look like they are just sitting back and waiting, they need to push forward and pound the net with shots. Get Hasek off his game, once he gets all out of position he will be done..

Dobber Sports Ace

I don\'t think Detroit is over rated at all--they are a greatly disciplined,highly skilled,well coached team.I think they will fall to the SHARKS however.Joe Thornton is a man on a mission!They definately need the Marleau line to get it going though.I picked Sharks in 7.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The Tank will be rocking tonight, the Sharks will be ready, but however : it is time something happens with Billy Guerin. He\'s been quite lame so far, not really helping Marleau. In fact, they have trouble finding chemistry together, and I wonder why Ron Wilson doesn\'t reunite Marleau with Bernier and Pavelski, or Grier and Pavelski, something like this. (Or with one of Cheechoo or Michalek, so that two lines can be fireworks)

Hell, if it doesn\'t work, it doesn\'t work : do you really want to rely on hope again in game 3 against the Wings ? Marleau can be a game-breaker, but it\'s harder when your linemates look lost on the ice, or not fast enough, or just markbellized.

WINGS 3 SHARKS 4

Marleau will find a way to shine, with Little Joe.

Post edited by: CaporalRadulov, at: 2007/04/30 08:06

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Marleau knows he hasn\'t played well in the series and has admitted so. He will have a big game tonight regardless of his linemates. I do not like Mark Bell and I am glad that Pavelski will be put in for him. Bell cost us the game the other night by not clearing that damn puck out of the zone, which Detroit scored off of shortly thereafter.

Go grab a beer Bell.....grrrrr

My friend\'s fantasy hockey name this year was Bell DUI\'n it Right. That just about sums it up.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don\'t think Patty has played too badly. Some games he\'s bee invisible, but can\'t blame that on him all the time due to his linemates being unable to keep up with him.

I really, really want San Jose to put the Wings away tonight. Badly. They need these home wins, and they need to grind down Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

PROSPECTS