Thread: Hall, Seguin, or Markstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hall, Seguin, or Markstrom

I have an early pick...my team is below...so far it looks like I might end up with a top three pick in our 'entry draft'. Some teams will be throwing lower level guys back in, but as far as I can tell the best players who will be available for my draft will be Hall, Seguin, or Markstrom.

Assuming I have my pick of the guys above, how do you rank them, based on scoring categories, and my team as is needs.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
    I have an early pick...my team is below...so far it looks like I might end up with a top three pick in our 'entry draft'. Some teams will be throwing lower level guys back in, but as far as I can tell the best players who will be available for my draft will be Hall, Seguin, or Markstrom.

Assuming I have my pick of the guys above, how do you rank them, based on scoring categories, and my team as is needs.
    with your goalie situation its hard to pass on Markstrom, but obviously Hall is the most exciting pick at the time.

Based on your team needs I would draft Markstrom with your first selection.

Dont trust ( Leclaire, Elliott

Turco is about out of gas after maybe this season or 2

Bernier will be the man in LA and who knows what becomes of Quick? Maybe gets traded and still starts, maybe not?

I like Markstrom here, but its very hard to pass Hall

Administrator

My solution would be to try and trade down to somewhere you can land Bernier assuming that's a possibility. You'll obviously have suitors for that pick so it's a matter of extracting the right price.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Here are the last 10 years' #1 overall NHL draft picks:

2001: Ilya Kovalchuk
    2002: Rick Nash
    2003: Marc-Andre Fleury
    2004: Alexander Ovechkin
    2005: Sidney Crosby
    2006: Erik Johnson
    2007: Patrick Kane
    2008: Steven Stamkos
    2009: John Tavares
    2010: Taylor Hall

Now... examine this list carefully... and think about how often the scouts have %&$#'d up in the last 10 years, and what the odds are of Taylor Hall being a star. Take him, it's a no-brainer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would rather own Markstrom.. But your league seems to favor skaters so that would make lean towards Hall because of that fact.

So I would rank them like this with your league
    Hall
    Markstrom
    Seguin

In other leagues that goalies have a bit more balance Markstrom would be the first overall pick for me.

Banned

Take Hall.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

no love for sequin so far? I think he won't be a great point producer this season, but into the future, shouldn't he be up there?