Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Curious - reading of posts?

The Magnificent One

Default Curious - reading of posts?

So this might not make me so popular but curious to know when you reply to a post here do you only read the first post by the initial poster or do you also read the comments said by others before you make your post?

I understand if there are 30 posts its hard to read them all but I have been noticing as of late that people only read the first post and respond based on that. I do my best to read all responses before I make my post but I am curious i guess what you all do?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I myself usually read all the posts before posting, unless the thread as 10 pages of replies.

Funny thing is though, right before I post, I usually hit refresh (on another tab) to make sure I didn't miss any information before confirming my official post. You'd be surprised at how many posts can be sent in while you spend whatever minutes making yours.

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Initiate

It depends on the kind of post. If its a what would you do/what do you think then I'll just start replying right away. Otherwise i try and read all the way through before I make myself look stupid
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

Administrator

It really depends. If I see a thread title that really interests me then I like to throw down my thoughts without reading any other comments so my judgement isn't impacted by alternate opinions. This is especially necessary for me since I often like to play devil's advocate.

I do make an effort to read all comments the majority of the time but sometimes I just want to dive right in especially when there's only one or two comments.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I myself usually read all the posts before posting, unless the thread as 10 pages of replies.

Funny thing is though, right before I post, I usually hit refresh (on another tab) to make sure I didn't miss any information before confirming my official post. You'd be surprised at how many posts can be sent in while you spend whatever minutes making yours.

Uh...hang on a sec

What's that? GMG said what? Ohhhhh....he did? you sure? Son of [beeeeep]!

Never mind....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    What's that? GMG said what? Ohhhhh....he did? you sure? Son of [beeeeep]!

Never mind....
    I honestly lol'd there, sadly I was drinking coffee at the same time ... Thanks Bomm
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    I honestly lol'd there, sadly I was drinking coffee at the same time ... Thanks Bomm
    Sorry, my inner child couldn't resist newper's set up on that one.

Seriously though, I usually read all posts. Especially if it's a "rate these players" kinda thing. If I find my rank already posted, I skip it.

Also, I try to make a conscious effort not to pile-on. If there's 50 posts claiming "that trade sucked", I really don't think heaping on helps anyone. If anything I'll just play devil's advocate for shits-n-giggles.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

I personally only read my own posts, but even then sometimes I get bored and skip ahead to my next post.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    I personally only read my own posts, but even then sometimes I get bored and skip ahead to my next post.
    lol ... golden

to answer the OP I do usually read all the posts prior to puttnig my own, there are some exceptions as with player ranking posts I dont always care what other people ranked them at and it will often influence my rankings, but for most otehr posts esp. trades and posts that can evolve and change throughout the thread I make a point of reading all of the posts.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; September 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM.

Banned

i'll take a little form column A, a little from column B...the threads I am interested in I check on every few hours so I never have to catch up on 10 pages. Auto-subscribing to all posts you comment on and then going to User CP to see the latest buzz on them is handy so I usually do that

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Sorry, my inner child couldn't resist newper's set up on that one.

Seriously though, I usually read all posts. Especially if it's a "rate these players" kinda thing. If I find my rank already posted, I skip it.

Also, I try to make a conscious effort not to pile-on. If there's 50 posts claiming "that trade sucked", I really don't think heaping on helps anyone. If anything I'll just play devil's advocate for shits-n-giggles.
    Oh great, there goes Bomm stealing my devil's advocate idea... geez, this guy really doesn't read posts does he LOL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Oh great, there goes Bomm stealing my devil's advocate idea... geez, this guy really doesn't read posts does he LOL.
    can I play devil's butcher to your devil's advocate?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    can I play devil's butcher to your devil's advocate?
    I get the vibe there's a reference here but I'm simply missing it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I get the vibe there's a reference here but I'm simply missing it.
    no I'm just messin...idea being that a butcher would make short work of a lawyer, chop hack chop!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    no I'm just messin...idea being that a butcher would make short work of a lawyer, chop hack chop!
    HAHAHAHA!!! Oh man, well now that I can visualize exactly what was going through your head when you said that it just became hilarious!