Thread: Interactive player ranking lists

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Interactive player ranking lists

For starters: the player lists are one of the most useful things on this site. I use them all the time to gain perspective during trade talks.

I know this may not be possible but do you think you could make the lists more interactive? I know that there are formulas behind the numbers and it would be really great if we could have players value change as the user decides which factors to consider. For example if my pool does not include playoffs I would toggle off the ‘playoff button’ and have players values adjusted. If I want to see players values without considering injury risk, then toggle that feature off. Depending on what your formulas are based on there could be a number of different options.

This kind of feature would make your monthly list an even more valuable tool. I know this could be done in Microsoft Excel but I don’t know how easy it would be to have on a web site. Thanks again for the great site.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Interactive player ranking lists

reeveta wrote:
    For starters: the player lists are one of the most useful things on this site. I use them all the time to gain perspective during trade talks.

I know this may not be possible but do you think you could make the lists more interactive? I know that there are formulas behind the numbers and it would be really great if we could have players value change as the user decides which factors to consider. For example if my pool does not include playoffs I would toggle off the ‘playoff button’ and have players values adjusted. If I want to see players values without considering injury risk, then toggle that feature off. Depending on what your formulas are based on there could be a number of different options.

This kind of feature would make your monthly list an even more valuable tool. I know this could be done in Microsoft Excel but I don’t know how easy it would be to have on a web site. Thanks again for the great site.
    Maybe even sell this as a yearly subscription fee use product. $24 for one years worth of updates. You could use it in Excel and have it e-mailed for every update. I guess you would have to have some sort of disclaimer on there that you cannot use these forumla\'s for your own profit blah blah blah but it might be worth exploring.
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Interactive player ranking lists

If the playoff interactive list is any indication, Dobber would have a winner.

L - Saad, Skinner^, Rakell / Kilorn*
    C - Crosby#, Scheifele, Matthews^ / T.Johnson*
    R - Laine^, Arvidsson, Foligno* / Sheary
    D - Subban#, Letang, Pietrangelo / C.Miller*
    D - Gardiner*, Myers*, Vlasic* / Benning*
    G - Bobrovsky / Elliott*
    TGs - Subban, Myers
    IR - none
    (# FPs, * RFAs, ^Prospect)

P4 -
    P3 - L Skinner^, C Matthews^, R Laine^
    P2 - L Meier, C Jost, R Tippett, G Korpisalo