Thread: Alex Kovalev

Banned

Default Alex Kovalev

Ian Mendes spoke to Kovalev today. He skated for the first time since his injury yesterday, and is feeling great. Should be ready to go for training camp/the season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for the update, Ev. I'm curious to see what the old men (Alfie, Gonchar & Kovalev), specifically Kovalev, are going to do in Ottawa this year. If they all get old at the same time, it could be a sub-par situation there.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    If they all get old at the same time, it could be a sub-par situation there.
    Kovalev is already way below sub-par and has been for a while. I wouldn't expect much from him this year.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Newbie

I have Kovalev myself in my keeper league and ACL surgery's are pretty bad, they say it takes a year to physically (and mentally) get over the injury so I'd be shocked to see Kovalev hit the 60 point mark this year especially with his age and motivation (or lack thereof). I ended up picking up Regin for this reason alone, with Michelak and Kovalev coming off serious injures, Regin should be the main benefactor, he has the talent and now should have the opportunity.

Banned

Kovalev's knee will be fine, it's not like he hustles every shift

60 points is not out of the question, especially considering it's a contract year (which gives him a ton of motivation, wouldn't you say?). This year will decide his career, basically.

PrairieDog, it's hard to say that a guy's been sub-par for a while when he is only a year removed from a 65 point season (and 2 years removed from an 84 point season).
    Last edited by Big Ev; August 30, 2010 at 1:31 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    60 points is not out of the question, especially considering it's a contract year. This year will decide his career, basically.

So, if he does well, Ottawa should offer him a 5 yr. extension?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    So, if he does well, Ottawa should offer him a 5 yr. extension?
    LOL, Maybe 1 more year...at $2 million

Dobber Sports Pro

The Sens would be better with Kovy hurt all year then him on the ice. Kovy sucks
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Banned

That's not true. Kovy would have helped a lot in the playoff series against Pittsburgh. Even if he isn't putting up points, the other team has to key in on him because he is still a threat/wizard with the puck. He opens up space for his teammates, and he's great presence in the dressing room (obviously I wasn't there, just what his teammates have said to the media).