Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pengiuns D: Martin vs. Letang vs. Goligoski

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good Article
    Trading Goligoski seems like a real possibility but if Pittsburgh really wants a solid winger in return then they are going to have to "showcase" Goligoski more than they have been in the past few months. He will need to play more PP for other GMs to be enticed by trading for Goligoski.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; January 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Good Article
    Trading Goligoski seems like a real possibility but if Pittsburgh really wants a solid winger in return then they are going to have to "showcase" Goligoski more than they have been in the past few months. He will need to play more PP for other GMs to be enticed by trading for Goligoski.

If you're Scott Arniel, don't you trade one of those young up and coming wingers that columbus has in droves in return for a Goligoski, especially given that he comes at such an affordable price (always a concern with Jackets ownership)? See a real fit there.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree. Columbus could easily afford to deal Filatov for Goligoski. It makes a tonne of sense. I am not sure Shero would make that transaction though unless it was in his fantasy league

Dallas (as mentioned in the article) makes a TONNE OF SENSE too. Couldn't the Stars afford to trade a prospect like Glennie? Glennie seems to project as a 3rd line shutdown player who can fill in the top 6 if injuries strike. Dallas doesn't have a lot in their pipeline so maybe Dallas is a little hesitant in making a move like that. Especially since they are doing quite fine with the dmen they currently have (Robidas, Daley, etc. etc.)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I agree. Columbus could easily afford to deal Filatov for Goligoski. It makes a tonne of sense. I am not sure Shero would make that transaction though unless it was in his fantasy league

Dallas (as mentioned in the article) makes a TONNE OF SENSE too. Couldn't the Stars afford to trade a prospect like Glennie? Glennie seems to project as a 3rd line shutdown player who can fill in the top 6 if injuries strike. Dallas doesn't have a lot in their pipeline so maybe Dallas is a little hesitant in making a move like that. Especially since they are doing quite fine with the dmen they currently have (Robidas, Daley, etc. etc.)

Yup, and consider that Goligoski is signed for this year and next at just $1.83M per year, super cheap (especially for this year pro-rated), easy to absorb even for cash-strapped teams like Dallas and Columbus. Plus he's only an RFA at the end of the contract.

As an aside, how good does that Shero extension of Letang for 4 years at 3.5M look now?
    Lots of people were scoffing at that at the time.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

I own Goligoski and these trade rumors have me worried. Don't you think his value drops tremendously if he is moved to another team.

Our cats are points and +-.

He has 23 points and a +21 for a total of 44 fantasy points for me.

I can't see his +- being this good on other teams.

I am really worried about this trade...

Don't you think his value takes a huge hit?

Should I shop him now?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    I own Goligoski and these trade rumors have me worried. Don't you think his value drops tremendously if he is moved to another team.

Our cats are points and +-.

He has 23 points and a +21 for a total of 44 fantasy points for me.

I can't see his +- being this good on other teams.

I am really worried about this trade...

Don't you think his value takes a huge hit?

Should I shop him now?
    Never count on +/-, its a bonus. Any trade out of Pittsburgh helps Goligoski if it means he gets consistent 1PP time.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Genius

I doubt he gets moved, but if he does any team on the buying end of it would obviously be making the deal to utilize him both even and heavily on the PP so I don't expect much of a decrease in value at all and if he went to a place like Dallas to run their PP his value would easily go up as opposed to down