Thread: New Keeper League Idea - Feedback Please!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default New Keeper League Idea - Feedback Please!

Just wanted to get some feedback from people to see if there would be any interest in the following type of keeper league. It's a little outside the traditional keeper league draft but adds a new element of strategy:

- This would be a money league
    - League would either be a 15 team Roto League or a 14 team head to head
    - Premise would be that each team in the league would draft two current NHL teams and inherit those teams current rosters.
    - Using those two teams, managers would then be asked to trim their rosters to a specific number (ex: 30 player roster + 15 prospects)
    - Remaining players would then go into the free agent pool
    - Once everyone has trimmed their rosters teams can begin to wheel and deal and build their teams to their liking.
    - Draft order would be determined randomnly and would reverse order for the second round. So if you had the 1st pick overall in the first round you would draft last in the second round. Most teams would end up consisting of one really good team and one average/weak team. So as a manager you would have to determine whether it's better to go with a team that's already established or one with the best prospects.

Like I mentioned previously, the intent of this post is to see whether or not this type of format would be of interest to people. Please don't reply wanting to know more specifics as they have not been determined as of yet. Would appreciate people's feedback though and potential pros and cons of such a format.

If I can get enough interest, I'll start hammering out the details and launch the league. If you're interested in such a format please e-mail me [email protected] and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks Dobberites!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think this is a really cool idea.

Prediction: Washington goes first and Florida goes last.
    Points only Keeper - Top 9F 4D 1G
    F: Ovechkin Aho Debrincat Hintz Konecny Horvat Bratt BTkachuk Hagel Novak Mercer WSmith Coronato
    D: Hamilton Doughty Burns Morrissey Klingberg
    G: Jarry Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

I would love to join this league if it's h2h. And on yahoo lol.

And no way Florida goes last. Minnesota or Calgary should go last.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Excellent idea,should keep the teams balanced to start.Pittsburg goes first and Minnesota goes last. Cheers and ggod luck
    IFL-full keeper,g,a,+/-,ppg,ppa,shg,gwg(goalies)w,so,shots,-1/goal :dress 9f,6d, 2g/ week 25man roster.
    kucherov,marner,mathews,ovechkin,oshie,s.aho, kopitar, kadri,stephenson,malkin, Hartman,Erickson EK(d)letang,krug,fox, doughty ,goligoski,ekholm, forsling, durzi, grzelcyk(g)bobrovsky,m.a.fleury, reimer, francouz

ABL-markstrom,shesterkin,ullmark(f)Giroux,Tavares,ovec hkin,geuntzel, Sam Bennett , r Strome , buchnevich, zbinejad,bjorkstrand , Vrana, stone,pacioretty, rust , Rossi(d)brannstrom,ellis,hedman, Ty smith, Teows, weegar,Soucy , gostisbehere (same stats as above league)

Dobber Sports Master

certainly cuts down on drafting time

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exactly! I've grown tired of waiting around for people to make their picks over the years. Rather than having to stress over what your next pick will be, you'll stress over which players to keep for your final roster heading into the season.

Dobber Sports Novice

I actually have started a league like this but with only 1 team. I havnt had much interest though and not much feedback as to pros and cons.

I have played Baseball with this format for a few years and its a blast. Check it out:

http://slapshot2010.proboards.com/index.cgi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Perhaps we can consolidate the two if I can't find enough people to fill the league. Let's keep in touch.

Dobber Sports Novice

I sent you an email.

[email protected]