Thread: Patrick Maroon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Patrick Maroon

Could Patrick Maroon make it in the NHL? He seems to be a big power forward with great size and stats but could he crack the Flyers roster eventually?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

definitely. Great prospect.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

FirstPickOverall

I wouldnt call him a great prospect. He has decent offensive upside(which he showed inconsistantly last season in AD). Big strong kid though. Itll be tough for him to crack the Phily top 6 for sometime.

But if you have a spot for him on your farm in a deeper league, sure Id take a chance

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He's a young power forward. Lots of room to grow, but he'll probably be a bit of a wild card and battle inconsistency for a few years. No rush with Philly's young talent.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sage

Barry Melrose called him the "Henrik Zetterberg" of his draft saying he could be the sleeper that turns into a great player from a late round.

Dobber Sports Pro

he's a good buy low right now in leagues with farms as he is a few years away and b/c some ppl may be down on him a little bit right now b/c he didn't have a monster year in the AHL last year. A good number will be giving up on him.

Keep in mind the Phantoms last year were pretty terrible. He isn't exactly the guy who is a one man wrecking crew either offensively. He needs other talented players, and all of the other young flyers forwards with talent are playing in Philadelphia and not Glens Falls, Ny. I don't know about being a Zeterberg, but if he developed into a Knuble type I'd be very pleased. When I got to scout him live when he was playing with Giroux on the Phantoms, that is who he reminded me of, especially on the power play. He is big, hard to move, above average hands and good in close with a nose for the net. He had chemistry with Giroux and looked very comfortable tipping in Claude's wizard like passes. Also, on the negative side, I do know he suffered a concussion last year and that slowed him a bit/hurt his numbers. Something to keep an eye on for certain.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.