Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: who still owns Turris from his rookie year

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    because stammer TORE up the OHL

Turris tore up tier 2 jr A

HUGE difference

please dont ever ever ever mention turris in the same breath as a current rocket richard winner
    Don't dare mention Stamkos in the same breath as those highly recommended Tequila Frikkin' Fantasy studs Mueller or Brassard!
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

The Great One

TM likes to make bold predictions and hope they turn out.....That way he gloats when they do, and forgets about them when they dont......

Lets take a look back at all the TM bold predictions:

November 24, 2008 - "trade stinkos now if he has any value left in a keepr pool....go for a thouroughbread like Brassard or Mueller"

June 24, 2008 - "i promise you...in no way shape or form will mike green be a 30 goal man..."

June 21, 2008 - "so Bumstrom wants top 6 icetime guaranteed?

wow

so let me get this straight

hes a late bloomer whos 21.....

is he supposed to put up better #\'s in the best hockey league in the world than he has in some league a notch or 2 below the show??????????????????????????????????????????

ok...alfie

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

September 20, 2010 - "im so bored with 2nd rd pick sept 20 2010 hype

wake me up when the season begins and stepans in the A"....with regards to Derek Stepan

October 21, 2010 - "not sure why everyone got worked up over ennis

if anyone asked the 'monster' i would have told you to sell to some sucker........

buff stinks"

June 7, 2010 - "backstrom is an easy 35-70 - 105 guy".....got bashed for claiming Backstrom would score 35...he scored 33.....great call TM

Just a couple I ran across.....Either way, make x amount of bold predictions some are going to work out

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    TM likes to make bold predictions and hope they turn out.....That way he gloats when they do, and forgets about them when they dont......

Lets take a look back at all the TM bold predictions:

June 7, 2010 - "backstrom is an easy 35-70 - 105 guy".....got bashed for claiming Backstrom would score 35...he scored 33.....great call TM
    June 7, 2010?

Is that date right?

I mean predicting Backstrom can score 35ish goals after the fact isn't really that bold...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

The Great One

Nope not right.....supposed to be June 7, 2008

Dobber Sports Stud

Dobber gets half right half wrong as well. Whats funny is some just cant leave my opinion for what its worth and move on. Instead its a gangup bashfest. Yet, the guys doing the bashing never go on record......ever. Instead they side with majority. How hard is that?.....jokes

I once asked.....can a player be both a goalscorer and playmaker? I was told no.

Certain mentalitys on this forum do not encourage both sides of the coin. Its always black and white.

Turris arguing is a perfect example. Same guys bashing for calling him a bust cant justify on record why he isnt?

Laughable

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    IF?????

sorry bro....turris is in PHO.....no IFs

you really believe burke would let Turris play in T.O???????

he'd be with the marlies

thats funny
    Yeah I realize Turris is in Phoenix but he can be a star there.
    I do believe Turris would be in Toronto right now if he was the Leafs property and not with the Marlies. You have no credibility what so ever as too why a 21 year old kid is a bust.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Yeah I realize Turris is in Phoenix but he can be a star there.
    I do believe Turris would be in Toronto right now if he was the Leafs property and not with the Marlies. You have no credibility what so ever as too why a 21 year old kid is a bust.
    sure i do

Turris's performance since being drafted speaks for itself

most agree anyways...its only a few Turris owners who disagree.....sorry to burst your bubble

Administrator

Turris is the beezneez! Y'all better recognize!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

point is that anybody who toots the turris horn and tries to tell you that he is worth it, is a fool.....anyone who has held onto him for 5 or 6 years now should quietly let him go. He is skilled and perhaps he will still reach his potential, but there are more tempting options than him, some rookies 2nd year players and 3rd and 4yr players have surpassed him......move on, get over it, game over.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Warped sense of time, much? He was drafted four years ago, not SIX. If you refuse to accept that a lot of players take more than three years to get going in the NHL, you're going to miss out on a lot of talented players.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

to be absolutely correct this is the fifth year since he was drafted, he is obviously not going to post even close to respectable numbers, so in his sixth year what should people fairly expect....50 pts....no thanks, i'll pass, that doesnt cut it in my league.....for those that are forced to maintain deep reserves for prospects i suppose its ok, but im absolutely right in saying that he has not panned out like everyone thought it would. He really turned alot of guys off when he said he'd basically rather play for another team then care about proving my worth on this team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't like these leagues where you can't have guys like Turris because you only need 60 point scorers...depth is important.

Anyways, I'm in a 40 player keeper league and I've had him since I took over my team (my team must've traded for him before). I traded him away actually when I took over but then went back and got him once I started rebuilding. I have no intention of moving him right now because the cap hit is only $1.4 M. I've seen how talented he is before, the playoffs got me extremely excited, and I can't make a judgement this year yet but not good so far from what I read. But he was late coming in and like Doughty, he missed pre-season and has struggled. Phx just isn't the right fit for him imo, his linemates are Bdker and Chipchura right now. His TOI has been fairly poor since the beginning, the game against Detroit was the one in which he got 17 mins but didn't produce.

I think if you're in a league like mine with 40 players, now is a great oppurtunity to go and get him because his value is low (probably even lower than what it was during the hold out) since he's scoreless in 6 games. If you have a prospect who you're unsure about and that guy doesn't have significant potential then why not make the move? Or a package deal would probably be the easiest way to get him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post
    to be absolutely correct this is the fifth year since he was drafted, he is obviously not going to post even close to respectable numbers, so in his sixth year what should people fairly expect....50 pts....no thanks, i'll pass, that doesnt cut it in my league.....for those that are forced to maintain deep reserves for prospects i suppose its ok, but im absolutely right in saying that he has not panned out like everyone thought it would. He really turned alot of guys off when he said he'd basically rather play for another team then care about proving my worth on this team.
    Wow...

It's already been widely established that Turris was rushed and should absolutely not have been in the pro game the first two years after he was drafted. Realistically, this is like his second proper pro season since he was drafted.

Of course his progression hasn't been what everyone hoped for, especially not compared to JvR or Kane, but again, that does not mean that he is a lost cause. Some guys' bodies mature later than others, some are ****ed over completely by an incompetent team's management. Those are not insurmountable obstacles. If you looked at how he actually looked when he played last year, you would have seen that he looked very good and was dominant in spurts. Get him more muscles, more maturity, more consistency and UNLESS HIS STUPID AGENT HADN'T TALKED HIM INTO ****ING SITTING OUT, then he would probably have a pretty good point pace right now. Stop looking at only the numbers and watch the actual skill of the player.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post
    point is that anybody who toots the turris horn and tries to tell you that he is worth it, is a fool.....anyone who has held onto him for 5 or 6 years now should quietly let him go. He is skilled and perhaps he will still reach his potential, but there are more tempting options than him, some rookies 2nd year players and 3rd and 4yr players have surpassed him......move on, get over it, game over.
    Wait...did tequilamonster get a second account?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

no...but what it shows is that its only a select few who continue to defend the bust turris....

he's done....turn off the lights.....stinky.....

BUST

40 player roster leagues?????...pure crap....any dumbass can play in those because you never ever ever have to make a tough decision...just protect any and everyone

turris is a pure drop in ALL formats