Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: who still owns Turris from his rookie year

Dobber Sports Stud

never drank the turris kool-aid. however, at that time i wouldve picked him over kane and JvR. He always looked extremely weak to me but just a personal observation...
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Novice

Saw him recently, he looks like he's put on some muscle this offseason.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by wwkwan3 View Post
    I don't even think he'll, crack the NHL roster this season.
    Patrick O'Sullivan, Matthew Lombardi (Martin Hanzal, Daniel Winnik, Petteri Nokelainen)
    I hope he makes it, but the odds are against him.
    Say what? Don't forget Gretzky, he is a pretty good centre as well you know.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I had him from his draft year until about a month ago when I made the following trade;

Turris
    Burns
    Sekera
    Gilroy
    11th pick in this years draft

FOR

Elias
    Burrows
    Gonchar
    Boewmeester

I then traded Seabrook for Huselius because of the new found depth on defence.
    To be honest, I didnt want to trade him, but just couldnt refuse, as I plan on winning the pool this year (or die trying). I was abl;e to keep him so long because of the fact that the pool is 12 teams with 33 players each.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

atleast you got something for him, goodluck hope you win......if wwkwan3 is right in his prediction you wont have to worry about Turris for another 3 years!! hopefully you'll have won atleast twice by then and im sure you can draft another young gem in 3 years as well

Dobber Sports Padawan

Traded for him, got tired with his lackluster progression and put him as an add-in to make a deal.

Since he was already activated in our league, he wasn't a protectable prospect so it didn't make a lot of sense to hold onto him with the bloated prices I have on my big guns.

I will always keep an eye on him though. but I am guessing he'll be a bust, at least in respect to his draft position.

We shall see.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

hey might not even be a bust, but if you held him for 5-7 years waiting on his potential then it doesnt matter if he becomes the best player in the NHL, you still wasted too much time on him

FirstPickOverall

I'll say this Dave Tippett loves the kid and believes he could make the team this year. Hes stronger, had a great 2nd half (in his only year in AHL) & by all accounts of his coach there and Tippett himself he's ready to take the next step.

I credit you patient ones you'll love this kid when you see him. Those who are all about winning now thats fine too - trade him. Were both happy.

But honestly Im getting a little board of this subject(How many threads like this are out there? Its time to wait and see what happens....).

Hopefully we can all move on.(Smile)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

dont you get it...this is fantasy hockey, everything gets recycled over and over...today its Turris, tomorrow its somebody else...just stop reading the thread.

....if Turris looks that good this year, i'll get him with my last pick

Dobber Sports Stud

Dealt McBain for him straight up last seaon (prospect deal). I have tons of d on my farm so could afford to deal McBain. I don't regret it. I like what's up in Pheonix and I firmly believe he is a centrepiece in that plan. NOW well handled by management. I'm definitely keeping him and have alot of confidence he is fantasy relevant in 2-3. Just to let you know though, I am under no pressure to let him go, we can carry tons on our farm.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Novice

I think the most you should hope for this year would be 10-15Gs and 20-25 As.

For some reason I keep thinking of Matt Stajan...

Dobber Sports Initiate

The "master" in our league drafted him, let him go and just reaquired him . I'd say he'll be good . I love the lacrosse background of guys like him, Stamkos, Seguin etc. I guess Turris was a hell of a player up until age 14 .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I drafted him in his draft year and with 6 teams and 53 players each including bench, I see no reason to drop him. I drafted him looking long term so there is no point in changing that strategy just because his development is not ideal.

I can afford to sit on him for the next few years and and see what happens. If he doesn't produce, then he gets dropped in several years, but I don't want to let him go prematurely. I figure at worst he is a decent bench player (which I can always use), at best he helps my top end.

Fine with me either way.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Padawan

The nature of this kind of question totally rests in your league setup (as is being shown by the variety of responses, kinda pointing out the obvious here)

IF I coulda just protected him for nothing (like it sounds like Jman can) I would have held onto him until AT LEAST 2013, no harm no foul kinda thing.

Due to the way our league is set up, if any given player gets a game in the NHL before they are taken in the rookie draft (Turris is a weird one, because our inception draft 4 years ago we didn't have a rookie draft they were all FAs) they turn into a bid-able FA and thus you can't hide them in the farm, and our salaries double after 3 years, and just holding onto a salary for multiple years is kinda disheartening if it's not getting you anything.

Turris is one of those guys half of us will get to say "I told you so" at some point. We just don't know which half it will be.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

just thought i'd copy and paste what dobber put in his ramblings this morning

'99 times out of 100, a player who doesn't put up at least a PPG at the AHL level won't ever do it at the NHL level. Points-per-game is usually the most important statistic when projecting future production'

and now sit back and watch everyone drop Turris now!