My predictions from here on are :

San Jose > Detroit
    Anaheim > Vancouver

Ottawa > New Jersey
    Buffalo > New York Rangers

San Jose > Anaheim
    Buffalo > Ottawa

San Jose > Buffalo
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:Playoff predictions

I agree with nehithaw except in the east final OTT will take out BUF and SJ over OTT..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i think it will be san jose and buffalo in the final. buffalo came within one game last year, so i think they will use that experience to push themselves harder than ottowa will. they also have ryan miller over ray emery. emery is good, but i think experience speaks volumes.

SHARKS TO WIN THE CUP!!!
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anahiem is a way better team then Dallas, I think Vancouver will have their hands full with this team. It will be tough to defend against the big two on the blueline. But I hope Vanny can take some of the Ducks out so SanJose can cruise into the finals after they dispose of those \"not-so-mighty\" DUCKS.

I think OTT/BUF will be the best series this year. Every game will be close. Maybe Miller will want a shot at the title and challenge Emery to a brew-ha-ha on the big buffalo head at center ice.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I went 5-3 (3/4 on the west, 2/4 for the east)

my picks for next round

San Jose > Detroit
    Anaheim < Vancouver

Ottawa > New Jersey
    Buffalo > New York Rangers

San Jose < Vancouver
    Buffalo > Ottawa

Vancouver > Buffalo

luongo is an unstoppable force.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I really don\'t see Vancouver beating up on Anaheim. I have a feeling that Anaheim will beat the nucks in 5. Vancouver seems too weak offensively to get through the Norris twins.

I hope they do though, so the Sharks will play Vancouver instead of Anaheim.
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

i never said they would beat up on anaheim, just that they would win.

keep in mind that my vancouver pick is completely biased, but from a converstation/argumentative stand point, there are facts to back it up.

5 on 5, i think these teams are well matched. anaheim will try to come out firing on all cylinders. vancouver will be overly defensive in the first few games and look for its chances on turn overs and odd man rushes. look for the vancouver swedes to bounce back, and vancouver\'s dmen to step their \'game\' up (bieksa really needs to find his game, other than some decent checks and set ups in round 1, he was not a factor in my book).

the real deciding factor will be if vancouver can continue its PK, and get its PP going (20% in last nights contest).

if they can\'t, and get into penalty trouble as they did in the dallas series, look for anaheim to put them away. vancouver can hold them off for a while, but it will only take a game or two for anaheims snipers to wake up.

thus, the vancouver special teams are going to determine this series. if they produce i could see vancouver in 6.

Dobber Sports Expert

The Ducks wiped out the Wild with McDonald, Selanne and Kunitz barely scoring. What do you think will happen to Vancouver when someone other than Getzlaf starts putting pucks in the net?

the question isn\'t when, it\'s if.

luongo simply stated is the best goaltender i\'ve seen in...... hell some of the things i\'ve seen him do are uncomparable.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i think vancouver will win this one in 6 or 7. it will be another series of 2-1 games with luongo standing on his head once again. it would be nice if the sedins can somehow manage to break free from nieds and prongs (gaborik and demitra couldnt seem to do it). backstrom let in a few softies, no way luongo allows any of that nonsense.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 4f, 2d, 1g, 1anything, 1 rookie) Points only.

F: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Thornton, Nash, Hossa, Semin, Pominville, Voracek, Zetterberg, Burrows, Brunner, Steen, Galchenyuk

D: Phaneuf, Shattenkirk, Carle, Wideman, Ehrhoff, Pitkanen, B. Smith

G: Lundqvist, Rask, Khubodin, Biron

IR: Lupul, Green, Kesler

Dobber Sports Ace

Vancouver will lose in 6 if they are lucky maybe 5 if not.Refs decided game 7----what a joke.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

ONE WORD PEOPLE...LOUNGO! In Louie we trust.B)

He will not be denied..all he needs is a little help up front and he\'s got the rest.
    I think the 7th game was a watershed moment for the Canucks and they will carry that forward into the next rd against the Quackers. They have not really played that well yet but still won. They will be a helluva lot better this series. I\'m not that worried about the big 2 on D. Mssr\'s Pyatt and Cowan and hopefully Cookie soon.. will bring them down to size in a hurry. Hard.. hevy.. forecheck on Neids and Prongs.. search and destroy.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Stud

richardparknation wrote:
    luongo simply stated is the best goaltender i\'ve seen in...... hell some of the things i\'ve seen him do are uncomparable.
    Never saw Patrick Roy play at his best, did you? Or a certain \"thieving giraffe\" in Montreal?

Luongo\'s amazing, but let\'s refrain from placing him among the all-time greats just yet. The Dallas series should have been a milk run for Vancouver; but for Turco\'s play, perhaps it would have been. With Anaheim, he should finally face a decent offense.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/04/25 00:00
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hooo man, in 93, Roy was a real wall !

patrick was great, i\'m not taking anything away from him. but i never watched every game he ever played.

im not gonna debate about who\'s better because it\'ll just go in circles, etc.

agreed that he\'ll be measured heavily in this series. if you know anything about luongo, under situations like these, he\'s the guy who wants to win the most.

i just hope our d can clear all the garbage that\'s going to be in front of him.