Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Greats

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_bigsby View Post
    it's really funny you say that, because i live in Jersey- born and bred baby.

and yea, supposed to say "played", not play. UMass. Graduated in 2004. trust me, ive spent more time skating with world class talent than you have whackin it in front of your computer that your parents bought you.

but really, i have to go. but in all seriousness, i had a good time having this discussion with you. it was fun... i guess we'll wait and see what happens with turris
    no way...turris is a bust

im more worried about what will happen with brock trotter...hes the better AHLer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

im sorry, i know i said i was leaving, but i knew there was some distinct reason that made me think "oh great heres this idiot again" when i saw a post from tequilamonster, and i was tryig to figure out what it was....

so, i took the extra minute to click your name and look at your posts, and i discovered one with like 80 posts on it so i was like oh shit whats this?

and this is what you wrote.....

Mike Green will be the first dman since kevin hatcher to score 30 goals....

:laugh:

lets be very very clear....

the hype has hit an all time high on mike green...

i promise you...in no way shape or form will mike green be a 30 goal man...

no chance

zero

zilch

time to get real....

mike green had a dream season last year and may improve a bit or regress a bit...

he will NOT double his production...

every single year their is an overhyped d

visno,souray,weber,mccabe,etc etc

i know we cant predict injuries or extraneous circumstances....

but lets call enough of this bullshit hype.....

mike green is good

but some are starting to get a little crazy...angus???

lets keep it real here folks..

hahahahahaha
    you sure know how to pick em, huh?
    im sorry, couldnt resist. youve probably already gotten a lot of crap for that comment, and i know a lot of people didnt see it coming from green (dont wanna toot my own horn but i did) but i had to use it just to prove my point that you have no clue how a hockey player develops.
    anyways, gonna go for real this time. sorry to jump down your throat, youre prob like half my age, but i just think youre stupid.
    adios

Dobber Sports Veteran

Take it somewhere else fellas (hfboards). Like what was said before, this has no place here. Opinions and arguments on prospects are one thing but personal insults aren't necessary.

Btw if you play at UMass clayton, do you know Ben Holmstrom? I know him. He's from my hometown.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Banned

Yeah there's no need for areguments with name-calling like this, but clayton_bigsby wins this argument in a landslide. To suggest Brock Trotter is better than Turris is just insane at this point.

This is a different sport, but did you ever hear of a guy named Roy Halladay? Didn't impress as a rookie, got sent down to the minors, came back a better pitcher and is now one of the best pitchers in baseball. I'm sure you thought he'd be a bust too.

Dobber Sports Stud

Turris is a 3rd overall BUST

Brock Trotter had better AHL #'s

in bigsbys world that make him better

i think there both stank

lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_bigsby View Post
    im sorry, i know i said i was leaving, but i knew there was some distinct reason that made me think "oh great heres this idiot again" when i saw a post from tequilamonster, and i was tryig to figure out what it was....

so, i took the extra minute to click your name and look at your posts, and i discovered one with like 80 posts on it so i was like oh shit whats this?

and this is what you wrote.....

Mike Green will be the first dman since kevin hatcher to score 30 goals....

:laugh:

lets be very very clear....

the hype has hit an all time high on mike green...

i promise you...in no way shape or form will mike green be a 30 goal man...

no chance

zero

zilch

time to get real....

mike green had a dream season last year and may improve a bit or regress a bit...

he will NOT double his production...

every single year their is an overhyped d

visno,souray,weber,mccabe,etc etc

i know we cant predict injuries or extraneous circumstances....

but lets call enough of this bullshit hype.....

mike green is good

but some are starting to get a little crazy...angus???

lets keep it real here folks..

hahahahahaha
    you sure know how to pick em, huh?
    im sorry, couldnt resist. youve probably already gotten a lot of crap for that comment, and i know a lot of people didnt see it coming from green (dont wanna toot my own horn but i did) but i had to use it just to prove my point that you have no clue how a hockey player develops.
    anyways, gonna go for real this time. sorry to jump down your throat, youre prob like half my age, but i just think youre stupid.
    adios

did Green ever score his 30 goals??????

just saying

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    Yeah there's no need for areguments with name-calling like this, but clayton_bigsby wins this argument in a landslide. To suggest Brock Trotter is better than Turris is just insane at this point.

This is a different sport, but did you ever hear of a guy named Roy Halladay? Didn't impress as a rookie, got sent down to the minors, came back a better pitcher and is now one of the best pitchers in baseball. I'm sure you thought he'd be a bust too.
    try reading the entire thread.....

i said brock trotter because dobber has blurb about him on the homepage

i was mocking bigsbys claim that AHL #'s are useful

if turris doesent make the yotes next year will he be a bust than????

how many years does he need to develop????

perron didnt need it.....couture developed at a normal pace and is waaaaaay ahead of turris in development

i call turris a bust and i get attacked

yet...hes clearly a bust for a 3rd overall pick

facts tell me this

if he was a 4th rounder than we wouldent even have this argument

turris jr B #'s fooled everyone

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Take it somewhere else fellas (hfboards). Like what was said before, this has no place here. Opinions and arguments on prospects are one thing but personal insults aren't necessary.

Btw if you play at UMass clayton, do you know Ben Holmstrom? I know him. He's from my hometown.

turris a prospect?????????????

really????

dobber doesent have him on the top 215 prospects

hockeysfuture doesent have him as a prospect

turris is a former nhler who now plays in the ahl and was a former 3rd overall draft pick

Dobber Sports Stud

halladay didnt play a full MLB season and than go the minors in year 2??????

please dont compare. un comparable.

50 billion rookies in all sports have started the year only to be sent down.....only the very little few and extremely far between play a full season in their respective sports and than get sent down a year later

those who do rarely make it back and if they do, not at the level once projected

Dobber Sports Stud

the argument was is turris a bust for a 3rd overall pick

NOT

trotter v.s turris

but hey, trotter did put up better AHL #'s.....hes the better AHLer

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    did Green ever score his 30 goals??????

just saying
    Um...yes...2008-09?

And Turris is #7 on Dobber's list.

As for Hockeysfuture, he was ranked the Yotes' #1 prospect before his rough ride in the NHL. I'm imagining he graduated. He also received an 8.5B -- a pretty solid score from that site.

I can't even believe I'm continuing this discussion...
    Last edited by STONE.; July 24, 2010 at 4:08 PM.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

ouch...

his follow 19 blinded me...

turris the 7th ranked prospect . how times have changed for the former nhler

Dobber Sports Stud

lets end this thread here

turris is a stud.....superstar in the making.......grab him now in keepers.......

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm thinking of SUBBAN!

FirstPickOverall

Roy Halladay not sent down after a season?

Wrong.

1998 - called up....makes 2 starts, including a near no hitter
    1999 - pitches first full season 149IP. Solid #s.
    2000 - starts off rough sent to minors for most of season. To the lowest level class A to work his way back. Horrible season overall.

Wow and UMass not a good hockey program.....ouch. I follow US hockey its a very solid program.

Decided to take a quick look back at a few drafts and heres what i came up with.

Jason Spezza #2 pick overall - theres a bust. Plays 1 1/2 seasons in NHL then sent to minors for full season

Jay Bouwmeester #3 pick overall - After playing 2 seasons in NHL sent to minors for full season

Eric Staal - #2 pick overall - Plays 1 season in NHL then sent to minors for full season

Nathan Horton - #3 pick overall - Plays 1 season in NHL then sent to minors for 21games. Only reason he doesnt remain is injury puts him out. Does not return to NHL until following season.

Marc-Andre Fleury - 1st pick overall - Plays 1 season in NHL then sent to minors for 2.5 seasons

What did these guys have in common. They were rushed into the NHL when they werent ready. It happens.

Way too early to tell!