Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_bigsby View Post
    ?

blake trotter?

who the **** is blake trotter?
    typo

answer the question

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is starting to remind me of why I never go to hfboards... this doesn't belong here.

Obviously tequila you've had some good comments in the past or you wouldn't have the rep you have right now. But c'mon, lets keep it to a civil conversation.

And since Trotter is now playing in the KHL, I don't think there's a debate worth starting...
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

FirstPickOverall

I think the most logical thing to look at here is the Coyotes development record as a whole.

Its been terrible.

Desperate to save money & hopefully produce stars quicker or put their face on the map in a non hockey market, theyve rushed kids like Turris, Boedker, Mueller(Had to be moved & just started to show signs) etc. They are slowly learning to do things differently.

Turris, though arguably the most skilled kid in the that draft, was not ready physically for the NHL at the time.

Thankfully he was sent to the farm where, according to more then a few coaches in the A & other hockey scouts, not only has he gotten stronger(still more work to do though) but also he has really blossomed as a hockey player. There were many a time that he totally dominated this past season.

I feel really good about him over the next couple of years. Which is pretty well right on track with young players developing. Takes most 4 years.

Might add BRyan's name to the mix here. Good thing Ducks didnt give up on their #2 overall pick.

Just curious to hear your thoughts on:

Sam Gagner
    Jakub Voracek
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Nikita Filatov
    Cody Hodgson
    JVR

Are these busts too? And if or if not why do you say so?
    Last edited by FirstPickOverall; July 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    This is starting to remind me of why I never go to hfboards... this doesn't belong here.

Obviously tequila you've had some good comments in the past or you wouldn't have the rep you have right now. But c'mon, lets keep it to a civil conversation.

And since Trotter is now playing in the KHL, I don't think there's a debate worth starting...

no...

bigsby wants to be the 'hero'...let him explain himself

all bigsbys done is throw out horsecrap that does not apply to turris

i want to know from the hero who is better?..brock trotter OR turris

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by FirstPickOverall View Post
    I think the most logical thing to look at here is the Coyotes development record as a whole.

Its been terrible.

Desperate to save money & hopefully produce stars quicker or put their face on the map in a non hockey market, theyve rushed kids like Turris, Boedker, Mueller(Had to be moved & just started to show signs) etc. They are slowly learning to do things differently.

Turris, though arguably the most skilled kid in the that draft, was not ready physically for the NHL at the time.

Thankfully he was sent to the farm where, according to more then a few coaches in the A & other hockey scouts, not only has he gotten stronger(still more work to do though) but also he has really blossomed as a hockey player. There were many a time that he totally dominated this past season.

I feel really good about him over the next couple of years. Which is pretty well right on track with young players developing. Takes most 4 years.

Might add BRyan's name to the mix here. Good thing Ducks didnt give up on their #2 overall pick.

Just curious to hear your thoughts on:

Sam Gagner
    Jakub Voracek
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Nikita Filatov
    Cody Hodgson

Are these busts too? And if or if not why do you say so?

gagner not expected to make it as 18 yera old...does...and stays in NHL...far from a bust

voracek....not a top 3 pick.....stayed in NHL.....far from a bust

pieterangelo suffers hit from behind in rookie year, st lou decides its best for him to go back to jr to heal and get more playing time....far from bust

filatov - hitch- gos to the K....verdicts still yet to come

hodgson?....back injuries have slowed his development...we find out this year....

turris is a 3rd overall pick who has busted for a player being drafted that high......i never once said turris wont play in the NHL....i said hes a 3rd overall BUST

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    typo

answer the question
    turris, by a landslide. what does that even mean though? trotter? why are you talking about him?

like you're saying, i totally believe AHL stats vs NHL doesn't mean anything. its how you perform in the big leagues- but no, Turris is not a former NHLer. he got sent down because he was too young, and his skills were too raw. you cant judge him off of that yet. im saying that the jury is not out on Turris, because he is nowhere near the player he's being groomed to be. if you think they expected him to jump on the first line, fresh out of the draft, then you're crazy. when he was drafted, they knew he wouldn't be ready to be a serious competitor in the league before 2012. so thats why i just think youre wrong, because its not 2012. if he still isnt impacting anything in two years, ill eat my words without a problem, but, its just impossible to judge a player before they are put in the position that they were drafted for. im just sayin dude, give it a couple years. i dont care what hes rated in your NHL video games, watch him play and then try to tell me hes not talented.

Dobber Sports Stud

please dont ever compare bobbys mad skills to a jr b turris

the main factor here is jr B

all other players have played MAJOR jr or semi pro in europe...

Turris is an overhyped JRB player who the 'yotes regret taking ahead of couture, voracek, perron, and a few others

Dobber Sports Stud

turris, by a landslide. what does that even mean though? trotter? why are you talking about him?

like you're saying, i totally believe AHL stats vs NHL doesn't mean anything. its how you perform in the big leagues- but no, Turris is not a former NHLer. he got sent down because he was too young, and his skills were too raw. you cant judge him off of that yet. im saying that the jury is not out on Turris, because he is nowhere near the player he's being groomed to be. if you think they expected him to jump on the first line, fresh out of the draft, then you're crazy. when he was drafted, they knew he wouldn't be ready to be a serious competitor in the league before 2012. so thats why i just think youre wrong, because its not 2012. if he still isnt impacting anything in two years, ill eat my words without a problem, but, its just impossible to judge a player before they are put in the position that they were drafted for. im just sayin dude, give it a couple years. i dont care what hes rated in your NHL video games, watch him play and then try to tell me hes not talented.
    no...Turris IS a former NHLer....did he not play in the NHL for a full year????....it is what it is

brock trotter put up better AHL #'s....just repeating what you are saying....

Brett Mclean is better than turris for the 'yotes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

please dont ever compare bobbys mad skills to a jr b turris

the main factor here is jr B

all other players have played MAJOR jr or semi pro in europe...

Turris is an overhyped JRB player who the 'yotes regret taking ahead of couture, voracek, perron, and a few others

don't try and teach me about how junior hockey works, i play D-1. i'm done talking with you about hockey, you really just don't know. im gonna go to the gym, and then im gonna go get laid.

peace.

Dobber Sports Stud

is T.J Hensick better than turris???.....his AHL #'s destroy turris #'s

corey locke?

i piss on ahl #'s

nhl #'s impress me

Dobber Sports Stud

don't try and teach me about how junior hockey works, i play D-1. i'm done talking with you about hockey, you really just don't know. im gonna go to the gym, and then im gonna go get laid.

peace.
    sure you do.....

lmao

GTL baby!

Dobber Sports Stud

peace.
    i play in the A

turris stinks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sure you do.....

lmao

GTL baby!

it's really funny you say that, because i live in Jersey- born and bred baby.

and yea, supposed to say "played", not play. UMass. Graduated in 2004. trust me, ive spent more time skating with world class talent than you have whackin it in front of your computer that your parents bought you.

but really, i have to go. but in all seriousness, i had a good time having this discussion with you. it was fun... i guess we'll wait and see what happens with turris

Dobber Sports Stud

it's really funny you say that, because i live in Jersey- born and bred baby.

and yea, supposed to say "played", not play. UMass. Graduated in 2004. trust me, ive spent more time skating with world class talent than you have whackin it in front of your computer that your parents bought you.

but really, i have to go. but in all seriousness, i had a good time having this discussion with you. it was fun... i guess we'll wait and see what happens with turris
    umass?

ewwwwwww

garbage hockey program