Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Greats

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    He's been mentioned in a few other threads, but Benn is one of my personal favorites to bust out soon. Dallas wants him to play C (assuming Richards or Ribiero is traded).

When talking about Jr. B stats and how they translate, tough to see how these two developed and where they are now:

Kyle Turris, C
    3rd overall 2007 - BCHL 53gp 66-55-121 (2nd year in league)
    6'1", 185 (seems a bit heavy...)
    07-08 - Wisconsin 36gp 11-24-35
    08-09 - Phoenix 63gp 8-12-20, San Antonio 8gp, 4-3-7
    09-10 - San Antonio 76gp, 24-39-63

Jamie Benn, LW
    129th overall 2007 - BCHL 53gp 42-23-65 (1st year in league)
    6'2", 203 (that's quite close I believe)
    07-08 - Kelowna 51gp, 33-32-65
    08-09 - Kelowna 56gp, 46-36-82
    09-10 - Dallas 82gp, 22-19-41

Both these guys were near the youngest of their draft years, Benn was born in July, Turris born in August for the September draft age cut-off. Interesting to see though how the two developed, Turris has never clearly dominated his competition since his draft whereas Benn certainly has. David Andrews (AHL president) was quick to point out how much of a special talent Benn was in the Texas Stars playoff run this year.

Anyway, just thought the comparison was interesting. I would definitely include Benn on your list for 5 years out.
    major jr players trump jr b duds all day and everyday

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_bigsby View Post
    hahaha. yes. someone needs to teach this tequilamonster a little something. never seen this kid say anything even semi-intelligent, or respectful, for that matter, on this website.

Turris had a point a game in NCAA hockey. that's very very promising. if you want me to rattle off a list of NCAA players that are now NHL stars, please let me know. he also had 63 points in 73 AHL games this season. if you want me to rattle off players who've done similar to that and gone on to be successful, too, please let me know.

let's take a look at other "busts", according to this all-star analyst's definition:

performances at age 20(Turris' age):

Mike Green- 70 gp, 2 G, 10 A, -10
    yea, he sucks. the writing was on the wall 4 years ago. total bust.

Jack Johnson- 3 G, 8 A, -19
    worst top 5 pick in history. i called it from day one, this kid is a bust. he didn't put up 40 his rookie year?? unacceptable.

Kyle Okposo- 28 points in 35 games for the Bridgeport Sound of the AHL. ahhhh that makes me shudder. so awful... i coulda told you the day they drafted him, hes a total bust. not topping PPG in the AHL? embarrassing. hes awful... prob won't make the Isles out of camp this year.

Marian Hossa- no talent whatsoever. can you believe this guy played 7 games when he was 20, and only had 1 point??? just one measely assist. ONE. Turris had one assist in 3 games played in his first taste of the NHL, and i thought that was bad. i said it back when they drafted Hossa , and i'll say it again: total bust.

the list goes on forever. you obviously don't know the first thing about how a hockey player develops. stop being obnoxious and claiming all this stupid shit, because you never know what you're talking about.

brett sterling

alexandre giroux

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake up dumbass

Dobber Sports Stud

hahaha. yes. someone needs to teach this tequilamonster a little something. never seen this kid say anything even semi-intelligent, or respectful, for that matter, on this website.

Turris had a point a game in NCAA hockey. that's very very promising. if you want me to rattle off a list of NCAA players that are now NHL stars, please let me know. he also had 63 points in 73 AHL games this season. if you want me to rattle off players who've done similar to that and gone on to be successful, too, please let me know.

let's take a look at other "busts", according to this all-star analyst's definition:

worst top 5 pick in history. i called it from day one, this kid is a bust. he didn't put up 40 his rookie year?? unacceptable.

Kyle Okposo- 28 points in 35 games for the Bridgeport Sound of the AHL. ahhhh that makes me shudder. so awful... i coulda told you the day they drafted him, hes a total bust. not topping PPG in the AHL? embarrassing. hes awful... prob won't make the Isles out of camp this year.

Marian Hossa- no talent whatsoever. can you believe this guy played 7 games when he was 20, and only had 1 point??? just one measely assist. ONE. Turris had one assist in 3 games played in his first taste of the NHL, and i thought that was bad. i said it back when they drafted Hossa , and i'll say it again: total bust.

the list goes on forever. you obviously don't know the first thing about how a hockey player develops. stop being obnoxious and claiming all this stupid shit, because you never know what you're talking about.

not one of the players you listed played a full year in nhl and than got sent back to the A

lmao

3rd overall BUST

serviceable nhler....probably

Dobber Sports Stud

whats perron?

couture?

the list gos on. YOU obviously dont know shit on how a player develops. so please stop being a dumbass and posting stupid shit that doesent even make sense as far as comparison to turris. you have zero clue what you are talking about.

pavel brendl anyone????

Dobber Sports Stud

i know clayton bigsby is one of those 'sucker' gms that own turris

"dont stop believein"

" hold on to that jr b feelin"

fool

lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

brett sterling? alexandre giroux? what are you even talking about? they aren't comparable talents to Turris whatsoever. i don't care what the numbers say, just watch them with the puck for 20 seconds.

listen dude, you're obviously the typical wiseass virgin teenager that doesn't watch any real hockey, just looks at stats and thinks that numbers mean everything. you need to watch a player to see how they do. WATCH THEM. if you've ever seen Kyle Turris play, and I mean EVER, then you would know that he is extremely ****ing talented. 100 point potential? no. 75-85? absolutely. he has vision, he has hockey IQ, and he has the natural skill set that the rare talents all possess. he's only 20 years old for god sakes... that's just a kid. you think it's normal that young guys are owning the NHL like this? not at all. how long have you been watching hockey, maybe 6 or 7 years? the NHL wasn't always like this. hockey players, like all other athletes, develop at different paces. the fact that you are writing off Turris so hard already just proves how ignorant and unintelligent you are. even if he maxes out 65-75 points in the NHL, he's an incredible hockey player. that's not a "bust". not many people in the world do that. a bust is Patrik Stefan, or Alexander Daigle. but i'm assuming you were still sucking on your mom's nasty **** when they were playing, so I can't imagine you understand the reference.

anyway, my point is, you need to watch a player to see how good they are. not all players hit their potential at 20. some of them don't until 26, 27. scouts know what they are doing. Turris is a highly-touted prospect for a reason, and if you think the Coyotes "regret drafting him" like you're saying, than you're just a dumbass. yea, you could go on and say that other players taken after him were better, so they might regret it. but that's just not how it works. When was Datsyuk drafted? When was Zetterberg drafted? so many greats are late picks, it's virtually impossible to judge a player based on their draft position, and their performance in the first few years of professional hockey. it's all relative, and its just too soon to judge a guy like Turris, plain and simple

honestly kid, what it comes down to, is you just don't really know what you're talking about. I appreciate the fact that you think Turris won't live up to hype, because i too think he was really overhyped, but to say he's a total bust, well, you're just an idiot, because he hasn't even been in a position to be considered one yet. he can't even shave for god sake. give it a few years. wake up kid, learn a thing or two about hockey. get yourself a stick and pair of skates and see how the sport really works

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    i know clayton bigsby is one of those 'sucker' gms that own turris

"dont stop believein"

" hold on to that jr b feelin"

fool

lol
    i actually don't own turris, but nice try.

Dobber Sports Stud

brett sterling? alexandre giroux? what are you even talking about? they aren't comparable talents to Turris whatsoever. i don't care what the numbers say, just watch them with the puck for 20 seconds.

listen dude, you're obviously the typical wiseass virgin teenager that doesn't watch any real hockey, just looks at stats and thinks that numbers mean everything. you need to watch a player to see how they do. WATCH THEM. if you've ever seen Kyle Turris play, and I mean EVER, then you would know that he is extremely ****ing talented. 100 point potential? no. 75-85? absolutely. he has vision, he has hockey IQ, and he has the natural skill set that the rare talents all possess. he's only 20 years old for god sakes... that's just a kid. you think it's normal that young guys are owning the NHL like this? not at all. how long have you been watching hockey, maybe 6 or 7 years? the NHL wasn't always like this. hockey players, like all other athletes, develop at different paces. the fact that you are writing off Turris so hard already just proves how ignorant and unintelligent you are. even if he maxes out 65-75 points in the NHL, he's an incredible hockey player. that's not a "bust". not many people in the world do that. a bust is Patrik Stefan, or Alexander Daigle. but i'm assuming you were still sucking on your mom's nasty **** when they were playing, so I can't imagine you understand the reference.

anyway, my point is, you need to watch a player to see how good they are. not all players hit their potential at 20. some of them don't until 26, 27. scouts know what they are doing. Turris is a highly-touted prospect for a reason, and if you think the Coyotes "regret drafting him" like you're saying, than you're just a dumbass. yea, you could go on and say that other players taken after him were better, so they might regret it. but that's just not how it works. When was Datsyuk drafted? When was Zetterberg drafted? so many greats are late picks, it's virtually impossible to judge a player based on their draft position, and their performance in the first few years of professional hockey. it's all relative, and its just too soon to judge a guy like Turris, plain and simple

honestly kid, what it comes down to, is you just don't really know what you're talking about. I appreciate the fact that you think Turris won't live up to hype, because i too think he was really overhyped, but to say he's a total bust, well, you're just an idiot, because he hasn't even been in a position to be considered one yet. he can't even shave for god sake. give it a few years. wake up kid, learn a thing or two about hockey. get yourself a stick and pair of skates and see how the sport really works

brock trotter put up better AHL #'s than turris this year

dobber knows

lmao

Dobber Sports Stud

turris lover

i know you own him...pretty obvious

sucker

lmao

Dobber Sports Stud

i actually don't own turris, but nice try.
    pure lies...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

haha, no, i seriously really don't own him, but i will tell you this- i would love to. why the hell not? what if he is putting up 85 points in 3 years or so? it's totally possible, so hell yea, i want him on my farm team. that's what the definition of a "prospect" is

Dobber Sports Stud

daigle didnt play for ottawa for a full year and then get sent down.....

i guess im a young kid because i dont drink turris fool aid....

most dont anyways...only turris owners like yourself

Dobber Sports Stud

haha, no, i seriously really don't own him, but i will tell you this- i would love to. why the hell not? what if he is putting up 85 points in 3 years or so? it's totally possible, so hell yea, i want him on my farm team. that's what the definition of a "prospect" is
    3rd overall BUST

Dobber Sports Stud

whos better bigsby?

blake trotter or turris

Dobber Sports Prodigy

?

blake trotter?

who the **** is blake trotter?