Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Next Greats

Dobber Sports Stud

Wait was that evander holyfield? Goddamnn !
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Love the flame war, you two, I usually avoid it and accordingly hfboards, but for some reason this one was entertaining. A couple of small points to interject:

1. I'm not, nor have I ever been a Turris owner. However, I've always wanted to acquire him, still do. It was recognized well before he was drafted that he would take a fairly long time to develop physically, but he sees the game at an amazing level. The hope is that his body will eventually catch up to his mind and skill-set. Agreed about the PHO comments, they were foolish to throw him in at that age and that stage of readiness, it has ruined players before (Brule comes to mind), but I think PHO came to realize their mistake and has committed to giving Turris time to grow into his role. Hopefully it was in time, it seems that his development is starting to get back on track. So throw out that season (in my mind), and treat him like a skinny young prospect working his way into the bigger game.

2. For the record, you stated repeatedly that Turris was just a junior B player, and that they never compare to major-junior. First, Turris played Junior B as a call up from Bantam at 15 yrs old (Grandview Steelers here in Vancouver), then went directly to Junior A (Burnaby) for the next two seasons, from which he was drafted. At both levels he dominated, understood the game better than anyone else I saw. As for the comment comparing the BCHL to the Dub, well, it is definitely not as black and white as that. Maybe to generalize, more NHLers come out of the CHL than Junior A, sure, but to write it off completely is foolishness. If I remember correctly, the above mentioned Jamie Benn was drafted out of BC Jr A before he played CHL. And not to make a comparison between he and Turris because they are totally different players, but I seem to remember a pretty amazing goal-scorer being drafted off of the Penticton Knights back in 1984, but I guess his 741 goals shouldn't count because he didn't play in the Dub...

For the record, I hope that Joe Colborne and Beau Bennett both rip it up to showcase what can come out of the western A leagues. And Turris, of course.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

FirstPickOverall

Thanks Angus for your Kane analysis. That definitely is his ceiling. Thou i dont expect those #s all the time(Smile)

Nice write up ccsitdown. Well said