Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: D Prospect Rankings- Rundblad

Banned

Default D Prospect Rankings- Rundblad

Hey Dobber, this may be the homer in me, but I feel that David Rundblad should be in your rankings for the Top 30 D prospects.

I say this because Rundblad has more offensive upside, IMO, than Patrick Wiercioch and he is ranked #24. Also, he should have a spot on the team next season so you won't have to wait long for him to arrive if you own him.

Just my opinion though...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Interesting that Rundblad still hasn't cracked the Dobber prospect ranking list......

Dobber Sports Stud

I've noticed this too. I've been monitoring Rundblad's statistical performance in the Swedish Elite League this year and he has been pretty awesome: 9 goals and 23 assists points in 42 games, +5. This puts him 9th in league scoring (in a league where the top guy has 41 points in 42 games - not even a point per game) and 2nd in dman scoring (37 year old Magnus Johansson is the highest scoring dman, 6th in league scoring, with 34 points).

All this and Rundblad is only 20.

I strongly believe that Rundblad will be a hot commodity in the coming months, leading up to next season. He hasn't had that much buzz on this site (by comparison to some other dman prospects who play in North America) and the fact of him not being on Dobber's top 30 dman prospect list has actually been an advantage as it has kept his profile lower.

I decided I couldn't wait any longer and have made room for him on my roster (where we have precious little room for dead weight) and picked him up. The recent rumours of Ottawa looking to trade Gonchar only strengthen my impression. Karlsson and Rundblad will bring the Ottawa defense corp back to its glory days.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Administrator

You're definitely a homer Ev but I think you are on the right track with this one.

You have to know that Rundblad's having not crossed the pond is playing a huge factor here though, justifiably or not.

Edit: Didn't even see the date of the original post until after. Kudos to you Ev.
    Last edited by metaldude26; January 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You're definitely a homer Ev but I think you are on the right track with this one.

You have to know that Rundblad's having not crossed the pond is playing a huge factor here though, justifiably or not.

Edit: Didn't even see the date of the original post until after. Kudos to you Ev.
    Time for one of your power chord deals on this guy?

I think the 'crossing the pond' argument was valid as of the date of Ev's post (from July 2010) but I don't think that passes muster at this point - he's killing it playing with men in a good league. Maybe Dobber will upgrade him soon...
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev

Dobber Sports Star

Let me know before you do the Power Chord... I have him flagged for pickup in one of my leagues and don't want to do it until later in the season!

EDIT: Never mind, you encouraged me to do it right away.

Rundblad's performance in the SEL has been amazing this season. He projects to be a fantastic all-around guy with good offensive instincts. He and Karlsson are going to be money.
    Last edited by fantasyhockeygeek; January 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Time for one of your power chord deals on this guy?

I think the 'crossing the pond' argument was valid as of the date of Ev's post (from July 2010) but I don't think that passes muster at this point - he's killing it playing with men in a good league. Maybe Dobber will upgrade him soon...
    That doesn't sound like a terrible idea. He's definitely on my list of candidates, might be too high profile for me, we'll see.

I tried to convey in my post that "crossing the pond" isn't something that I personally agree with but am rather using it is the justification for his low rating. From my experience following those lists making the leap across the pond tends to coincide with a big jump in the rankings.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    Let me know before you do the Power Chord... I have him flagged for pickup in one of my leagues and don't want to do it until later in the season!

EDIT: Never mind, you encouraged me to do it right away.

Rundblad's performance in the SEL has been amazing this season. He projects to be a fantastic all-around guy with good offensive instincts. He and Karlsson are going to be money.
    HPG if you want I can keep you abreast of any Power Chords coming out but I like to see the initiative on Rundblad. Definitely not one to leave sitting around.

Dobber Sports Stud

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a terrible idea.
    You have such a flattering manner of writing.
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    You have such a flattering manner of writing.
    HAHAHA!!!! I know right!

Dobber Sports Ace

wow this guy is on an unreal pace 44gp 9g 27a 36pts. karlsson and rundblad are going to be amazing on the pp. cant wait to see this guy next year and i cant believe i got him in the 4th
    Last edited by Riverboat Danglers; February 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    wow this guy is on an unreal pace 44gp 9g 27a 36pts. karlsson and rundblad are going to be amazing on the pp. cant wait to see this guy next year and i cant believe i got him in the 4th
    I love it. I snagged Rundblad in my holiday draft and I'm looking forward to a future PP of Karlsson-Rundblad. Some people in Sweden are saying his offensive prowess is even better than Enstrom, Edler, Karlsson, OEL, Hedman or Larsson. If he ends up as good as Edler or Karlsson I would be thrilled.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I love it. I snagged Rundblad in my holiday draft and I'm looking forward to a future PP of Karlsson-Rundblad. Some people in Sweden are saying his offensive prowess is even better than Enstrom, Edler, Karlsson, OEL, Hedman or Larsson. If he ends up as good as Edler or Karlsson I would be thrilled.
    where did u read that. those are some pretty big names to be compared to, i sure hope this guy comes over this next year, he sure looks like he has all the tools to be a force
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Banned

All hail Round Leaf!

No wait, all hail Anders Forsberg for trading for + coaching Round Leaf! He's developing him for the Sens very well.
    Last edited by Big Ev; February 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    where did u read that. those are some pretty big names to be compared to, i sure hope this guy comes over this next year, he sure looks like he has all the tools to be a force
    A few hockey friends I communicate with online who live in Sweden. They have said right now, the way Rundblad is playing, his offensive game is better than those guys when they were at his point in development. Larsson is the only one who is behind Rundblad in maturity, so perhaps his offensive game will blossom even more.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka