Thread: All in a day's work... 3 trades, 3 wins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default All in a day's work... 3 trades, 3 wins

I'm not a big trader, particularly when it comes to keeper leagues as I have a very strict guideline concerning beneficial trades. However, today I made 3 trades in the dynasty league in my sig and all 3 I feel went my way. As a reference, last season I made 2 trades total. So, on to the trades...

A) Brenden Morrow for Dan Ellis & 2011 2nd round pick
    I had 3 of Dallas's LWs and Morrow was my least favorite in terms of potential. I land a blossoming Tampa Bay team's future starting goaltender and an extra pick in exchange for his services.

B) Jonas Gustavsson & J.S. Giguere for Artem Anisimov & Lars Eller
    Thank god I was able to rid myself completely of Toronto's goaltending in one trade. I was initially offered this for Gustavsson alone but I forced him to accept the entire package.

C) John Tavares & Brandon Dubinsky for Anze Kopitar & Tyler Ennis
    Giving up JT was next to impossible, but receiving Kopitar plus a young talent like Ennis was even more impossible to refuse. I feel Kopitar and Tavares have similar upsides, so to gain Ennis for essentially nothing was a great bonus.

How do you guys think I did overall? Anything I'm missing or am too high on?
    Thanks for your thoughts or advice.

12-Team H2H Dynasty League
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, PIM, +/-, SOG, GWG, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Berglund, Anisimov, Ennis
    LW: Kovalchuk, Kariya, Neal, Benn, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW: Briere, Boyes, Hejduk, Giroux, Bergfors
    D: Markov, Pronger, Kaberle, Whitney, Karlsson, Carlson
    G: Lundqvist, S. Mason, Ellis

Farm (up to 40 NHL GP)
    Boychuk, Eller, Schroeder, Morin, Tedenby, Josefson, Burmistrov, Skinner

Dobber Sports Genius

Trades A and C are winners for you I'd say, trade B however I think you lost by quite a bit. Gustavsson was looking great down the stretch last year and even though he is Torontos goalie, I think you undersold him for his current worth, and I feel like his value will continue to increase. Basically the same thing can be said about JS, he is still relatively young (33) and will be a FA next off-season and I would guess one team will pick him up at a discount price (assuming they don't do so earlier, say at trade deadline) and try him out as a starter.
    Last edited by Laendarian; July 10, 2010 at 7:44 PM.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I feel pretty much the same way as Laendarian.

Trade A is a good one I think overtime - we shall see how Ellis does but I think he is ultimately flippable this season for something more sure - but a win for sure.

Trade B - I think you really pooched this one. You get prospects really for sure NHL talent - can't be good - even if you don't want to keep the Leafs goaltenders I think you could have waited and broken them down and got more than you did. It might work for you anyway - but I think it could have worked better.

I think Trade C is the closest call - it may be my personal bias kicking in but Sabres midgets with skill are slow burns and I think Tavares more than Kopitar will be superstar. You probably won this one though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade B is bad IMO

I won't say much.

My only point of view is that Eller will play on the third line in Montreal for at least 4 years to come. More than enough time for Montreal to waste this talent.

Trade A and C are winners for you.

Trade B, not so. Gustavson will be #1 in TO 2 years from now. I don't care how you put it, but a defensive corps that has Kaberle, Phaneuf, Beauchemin, Komisarek, Schenn and Gunnarson cannot fail two years in a row! Plus all that offensive youth coming up. And believe me, I'm not biased, I hate Leafs with a passion.
    15 Team Roto Dynasty
    CAP
    3C 6W 3UT 6D 2G
    (P) (+/-) (PPP) (SOG) (BLK) (HIT) (W) (SV%)
    C: Draisatl, E. Staal, Koneckny, Bennett
    W: Tarasenko, Kessel, Palat, Hoffman, Silfverberg, Sobotka, Tkachuk, Niedeireiter
    D: Ristolainen, Muzzin, Trouba, Zaitsev, Lindholm, Beaulieu
    G: Fleury, Howard, Raanta

Farm: Butcher, Bosner, McKegg, Girard, White