View Poll Results: Which potential super star G is most likely to be traded prior to draft?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonathan Bernier

2 6.67%
  • Cory Schneider

22 73.33%
  • Jonathan Quick

5 16.67%
  • Michal Neuvirth

1 3.33%

Thread: Which potential super star G is most likely to be traded prior to draft?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which potential super star G is most likely to be traded prior to draft?

Which potential super star G is most likely to be traded prior to draft?
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

HUET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, probably vokoun. doubt it's prior to the draft, and apparently management says they wont trade him, but if any star g is getting traded it's him. or maybe thomas if you consider him a star, but his cap hit and him losing his starter job reduces his chance of getting moved.

Dobber Sports Monster

agree with Praba, I think Florida is playing some mind games pre draft, when all said and done I think Vokoun gets moved...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, personally I think Vokoun will go, but mid season. I've heard allot of Thomas, but can't imagine any takers for that price. I was kinda going more with the quesion as to prospect netminders.

I've heard Philly loves Bernier and would offer up Carter as a package, and another, as Schneider to Dal. If StL can get the "hottest" goaltender now with a "top 6" forward in Eller and blue chipper in Schultz, these prospects seem to be in play.
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Master

schneider is as ready as he'll ever be to play in the nhl.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you only get Eller and Schultz for Halak why would a team want to trade a good prospect goalie and get pretty much nothing back? Hang onto them in case you need them. I'd only deal them if I got close to fair value.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Schneider

From the list in your poll I would have to go with Schneider. I can't see any of the other goalie's getting moved at this point.

Quick - LA's #1 goalie last year (Ersberg sucks!). It's his job to lose (but not to Ersberg!) and that won't happen during the summer when no games are played... but Ersberg could probably do that. Quick will start the season with LA. Plus, he's signed to a reasonable extension.

Bernier - Future #1 goalie in LA (Ersberg sucks!). Bernier LIT. IT. UP. last year in the AHL and was named goaltender of the year (Ersberg was not). LA has brought Bernier along slowly giving him time to develop and promoted others before him like Quick and Ersberg (who sucks!). Bernier is the future (Ersberg is NOT). LA will keep both Quick and Bernier in the NHL this year because their only other options at this point is Ersberg and he, well... you get the point. I don't see them signing a UFA either. They can use that money on a FWD/D. Bernier deserves the spot anyways.

Neuvirth - It's Varlamov and Neuvirth next year in Washington. Both have shown they can play at the NHL level and given the Caps salary cap there's no reason to hold them back and sign a UFA. Neuvirth has nothing left to prove at the AHL level (back to back Calder Trophey's) and will be the Caps starter by the end of the season IMO. Both he and Varly are extremely talented but Neuvirth is more consistent, positionally sound and doesn't have the same injury concerns Varlamov does. 'nuff said.

So from your poll, I have to vote for Schneider.

But I actually think it will be Harding who gets moved from Minnisota and makes some noise. That would be my choice for "Which Potential Star G Is Most Likely To Be Traded". IMO, Harding would do really well in cities like Montreal, Philly, Tampa Bay, Ottawa (Leclair can't play a full season!) or (gasp!) Calgary.
    Last edited by wizworm; June 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly