Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Guide - some results

I...am your father.

Default Fantasy Hockey Guide - some results

Again I would first like to stress that the quality of the guide is best reflected on the "extra" information that it gives - the sleepers, what the sleepers can do and the odds of them doing it, the power-play units, the upsides, lesser information such as contract years, breakout candidates, and opinion columns from my writers. Predictions from one magazine to another are better for some, worse for others, from one year to the next and the differences shouldn't impact a win or a loss in your leagues. It's the extra stuff that win or lose for you.

Now with that out of the way, I just went over how I did last year.

Number of players predicted: 638 (removing any players who either finished with ZERO, or I had predicted to get ZERO).

Average points off with the predictions: 11.1 points (that's a new best for me - worst was 15.1 back in 2005/06...but that was after the NHL took a year off)

Percent within 5 points of prediction: 35.7% (that's a new best for me - worst was 27.0% back in 2003/04)

Percent within 10 points of prediction: 58.8% (that's a new best for me - worst was 48.1% back in 2006-07)

Percent within 20 points of prediction: 83.4% (best was 86.1% in 2005-06 - also had 85.4% in 2002/03)

Percent EXACT: 3.0% (best was 5.6% in 2007-08)

A pretty good year, especially after a ho-hum year prior.

This year's guide will again be released on August 1 and it will be updated throughout the offseason and well into camp as always.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great to hear you set new personal bests. The numbers are hard to comprehend without knowing what other magazines were. Your numbers also get inflated because of injuries which make some of your predictions way off. Would be interested to replace "points" with "points per game" and see how close you were with your predictions.

Anyways great job Dobber, can't wait until August 1st.
    Last edited by tryhard87; June 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I paid for the "UFP 10A" package on January 10th, Transaction ID: 3FK692060G604894V. I was able to access the downloads, but haven't been able to access any downloads since changing my email address. I can't imagine this would affect anything, but if you could let me know if there is a problem with the site or just if it's just my login id, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks....
    Team 1
    12 team Dynasty League - Yahoo
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6B
    G,A,PIM,PPG,PPP,SHG,SOG,HIT,BLK,FW, W,GAA,SV,SHO
    C: Henrique, Point, Hintz, Malkin, Frost
    LW: Ovechkin, DeBrincat, Benn, Robertson, Tolvanen
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Bratt, Atkinson
    D: Fox, Trouba, McAvoy, Carlson, Faber, Manson
    G: Ullmark, Swayman, Talbot, Lyon, Lindgren
    IR: Hamilton, Eichel, Tippett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tryhard87 View Post
    Great to hear you set new personal bests. The numbers are hard to comprehend without knowing what other magazines were. Your numbers also get inflated because of injuries which make some of your predictions way off. Would be interested to replace "points" with "points per game" and see how close you were with your predictions.

Anyways great job Dobber, can't wait until August 1st.
    I agree, it would be interesting to look at ppg numbers extrapolated out for injured players. Anyway, good job as always Dobber

I...am your father.

jagoggin, if you go to your details and change your email back, your purchase will reappear. Sorry for the hassle, we are working on revamping the system

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just wondering... Is there salary info for each player in the dobber fantasy guide?
    Thanks!
    The puck stops here!
    8 teams, Points only, 2 pts goalie win (+2 for blank)
    The best 12F -- 6D -- 2G count.
    Real salary (not cap hit), 65M salary cap

I...am your father.

not in the past, but I'm looking into it for this time around.

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber, look fwd to the guide becoming available!

Quick question, I guess there is nowhere on the site where you make available information regarding what package we purchased. In other words, there is nowhere that indicates what package I purchased so I just have to track it via my own records (e.g., Paypal).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Dobbs, been following this site since the beginning of the season and based on the good inforamtion I've received from the forums alone, you have won me over. I just purchased the Ultimate Pack 2011A. That includes some stuff to help me during this years season as well right? I believe it's only the midseason guide right? The other guides are released at the end of this year for the following year correct? I bought the Ultimate one but it's telling me to hold my horses and my horses are running away!
    Last edited by Old_Smokie; December 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Wizard

As always a great guide...and that is what it is a guide and not a bible. It has helped guide to many a player that has helped me win 2 years ago and out in front this year in my money league. I can then re-invest those winnings into buying the guide so that I can win again and keep the cycle going...
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Recruit

Question Update?

How did you do this season, Dobber?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Similar problem. I ordered the Keeper Pool Package and only seem to be able to download the Prospects Report. ( Invoice ID: DC-232180 ). I have emailed the Contact Us address but no reply as of yet. Can somebody help?
    Weekly H2H Keeper, 13 Teams: G, A, +/-, PPP, W, GAA, S%

F: Datsyuk (4), Tavares (4), Gagne (2), Havlat (1), Kovalchuk (1), Gaborik (2), Stafford (1), Pacioretty (1), Carter (3), Iginla (3), Smyth (1), Tanguay (2), Turris (1), Sullivan (1)
    D: Lidstrom (1), Carle (1), Greene (1), Green (3), Gilbert (1), E. Johnson (2), Zidlicky (1), Russell (1)
    G: Luongo (3), Bryzgalov (2), S. Mason (1)
    Farm: Kuznetsov, Goncharov, Nyquist, Lehner, Filatov, Tarasenko, C. Pickard, Matthias, Schroeder, Bernier, Colborne, Tokarski, Blum, Elliott, Toffolli, Gragnani

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chiefo View Post
    Similar problem. I ordered the Keeper Pool Package and only seem to be able to download the Prospects Report. ( Invoice ID: DC-232180 ). I have emailed the Contact Us address but no reply as of yet. Can somebody help?
    Fantasy Guide comes out on August 1 I believe.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Guru

the 2011-2012 guide isnt released until August 1

Dobber Sports Expert

I like the idea of including salaries in the guide. Will help those of us who mark the heck out of our guides and help comes draft day to have all of collective notes in one place rather than have to be checking websites if we need to make any last minute changes. Would make a great addition to the guide.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co