Thread: Semin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Semin

I heard he\'s playing tonight. Anyone have confirmation of this? I would like to know so I can activate him off IR.
    RWerry,Iginla, Dumont, Bouchard
    LW: Parise,S.Kozloz, R.Whitney,
    C: Crosby, Gomez,,S.Koivu, Jokinen
    D: Lidstrom,R.Blake, Kronwall, Kubina
    G: Price, Brodeur,Roloson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Semin

I heard this as well. I started him for the week.

Capitals regain Semin
    By Corey Masisak
    November 19, 2007

Alexander Semin has played in only four games for the Caps this season because of an ankle injury.

Washington Capitals coach Glen Hanlon\'s cheerful, bordering on giddy attitude yesterday after practice could have meant only one thing.

\"Go ahead and ask me. Ask me that question you\'ve been asking me for about a month,\" Hanlon said.

The question was \"Is Alexander Semin ready to go?\" and Hanlon could barely wait to reply, \"Yes.\"

Semin has missed 15 of the team\'s 19 games with a sprained right ankle. He first injured it when his skate got caught in the netting from behind the goal in the Caps\' second-to-last preseason game against Philadelphia.

He missed the season opener at Atlanta before returning for only one game, a 2-0 win at home against Carolina. Semin returned again 18 days later and played two games before reinjuring his ankle near the end of the first period at St. Louis on Oct. 27.

\"He is one of our best players, and I hope he is OK and he can help us win some games,\" teammate Alex Ovechkin said. \"He has been disappointed about the injury. ... Tomorrow he will play, I think, and you never know: Maybe he score five goals.\"

Last season Semin finished second on the team and 13th in the NHL with 38 goals. Without him, the Caps have struggled to score. They are 28th in the league at 2.26 goals a game and have scored two or fewer in seven of the past eight games — each a loss.

Semin skated on the team\'s third line yesterday at Kettler Capitals Iceplex with Boyd Gordon and Matt Pettinger. Hanlon said playing on that line would help limit Semin\'s minutes; although he has been skating on his own for about a week, this was his first full team workout. He also will join the team\'s top power-play unit, pushing Viktor Kozlov to the second group.
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Semin

scored a goal tonight.