Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sullivan back?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sullivan back?

Dobber, or someone, had written that Stevie would miss the first two games of the series at least. Any news on this?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Sullivan back?

Sullivan started skating again last Wednesday but has not participated in contact drills. At the time Trotz said \"It\'s nothing immediate. He\'s still indefinite, but we\'re making progress.\" I\'d be surprised to see him back before Game 7, if at all.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

there wont be a game 7.....sharks own nashville and will beat them again tomorrow night, then go into nashville and finish them off in 5
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

I...am your father.

Judging by your avatar...I take you\'re a Preds fan?B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Dobber wrote:
    Judging by your avatar...I take you\'re a Preds fan?B)
    Hahaahaha !!!

I think he\'s a \"JAWS\" movie\'s fan !

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i dont think there are any preds fans.....if there are, the sure as hell dont show up to the games.

that is probably a whole other topic that my friends and i discuss. what NHL cities do not deserve teams - Nashville and Anaheim. both cities have elite teams and yet struggle to sellout their crowds. how is it possible that Nashville cant sellout a playoff game (last year against us Sharks). that is ridiculous.

Speaking of teams that don\'t deserve teams, I went online a couple of days ago and tried to buy four tickets together to the first Sens playoff game and I was able to get them from ticketmaster. We, as Canadians, should be outraged by this. Take the team away from Ottawa and move it down to Hamilton where they deserve a team.

Dobber Sports Genius

Pffff, move them to Winnipeg or Quebec ... that\'s a sure shot !

Dobber Sports Genius

Speaking of sellout crowd, did you see the crowd in Nashville first game when they went to OT ???

Half of the crowd were out at the beginning of this OT !

Ridiculous ...

Dobber Sports Pro

goose191919 wrote:
    i dont think there are any preds fans.....if there are, the sure as hell dont show up to the games.

that is probably a whole other topic that my friends and i discuss. what NHL cities do not deserve teams - Nashville and Anaheim. both cities have elite teams and yet struggle to sellout their crowds. how is it possible that Nashville cant sellout a playoff game (last year against us Sharks). that is ridiculous.
    I thought their home games this series were both sold out....

I think the series will go 6 or 7, the victor up in the air(I\'m a Sharks fan, saying this), and Sullivan won\'t be seen at all. He\'s too damaged right now.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

they didnt sell out last year.....and they had to black out the tv coverage in order to force people to buy the tickets.

i think they left before OT because they didnt know there was OT. their fans are completely ignorant. that team should be moved north of the border where people know what is going on and will support their team. next time you watch a game in nashville, listen after every whistle. the announcer will announce why the whistle was blown (ie offsides, hand pass, icing, etc.). they dont have that down by now? havent they been in the league close to 10 years?

I will say this about the SJ building, listening to the crowd last night was great. It seems like a really loud place. The Preds played like garbage but the SJ fans were very into the game. I like to see that. I\'m a Leafs fan and am always amazed when I go to a game and there is no atmosphere b/c of all the corporate seats that are sold. I went to my first game at the Bell Centre in Montreal last year for a Habs/Bruins game and I thought the roof was going to come off the place it was so loud. I almost became a fan of the Habs and even bought a Ryder shirt while I was there. You\'ve got to love a good barn.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That is how I got into hockey when I was a kid: the ridiculously loud atmosphere at the San Jose Arena. Nothing beats playoff hockey, probably the single most reason I have season tickets; to get the rights to buy playoff tickets (other than loving hockey and getting to see Big Joe play every night).

The reason the San Jose Arena is so loud compared to other places is the way it was designed. The seats are very steep so that you can see the ice from everywhere. I prefer the seats at the upper deck looking up and down the goals rather than side to side. The reason? I get a different perspective than that at home (if it\'s the same, why not watch it at home instead?) and you get to see everything develop. The only downside of my seats is that all the new people who come to the game that sit in front of you lean forward and it completely blocks your view. When that happens (especially in playoffs) they will get yelled at and heckled to sit back by us season ticket holders. It is usually quite humorous.

SHARKS IN FIVE!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

goose191919 wrote:
    That is how I got into hockey when I was a kid: the ridiculously loud atmosphere at the San Jose Arena. Nothing beats playoff hockey, probably the single most reason I have season tickets; to get the rights to buy playoff tickets (other than loving hockey and getting to see Big Joe play every night).

The reason the San Jose Arena is so loud compared to other places is the way it was designed. The seats are very steep so that you can see the ice from everywhere. I prefer the seats at the upper deck looking up and down the goals rather than side to side. The reason? I get a different perspective than that at home (if it\'s the same, why not watch it at home instead?) and you get to see everything develop. The only downside of my seats is that all the new people who come to the game that sit in front of you lean forward and it completely blocks your view. When that happens (especially in playoffs) they will get yelled at and heckled to sit back by us season ticket holders. It is usually quite humorous.

SHARKS IN FIVE!!!
    Yeah, I desperately wanted to get a ticket to a SJ game this year, but I can\'t afford the plane trip there, back, the hotel, and whatnot. Too expensive for my college savings account. I\'d want to be as close to section 209 as possible though, those guys are legendary hecklers.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

I\'m a Canucks fan...but I don\'t see the Nucks or the Sharks getting out of the west....sadly to say, I think Anaheim\'s Twin Towers on D are too much for either team....regular season means nothing now. Preds will win game 5 and SJ will win game 6 in OT