Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Chicago vs. Philadelphia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

AJB86 is simply making a sarcastic reply to your statement. Why do you feel the need to take such great offense to that?
    I don't take any offense, I just take issue with his implication that I was trying to say the Flyers were heartless or something equally absurd. The Flyers have shown boatloads of heart but so have the Hawks IMO, that's the extent of that point Commish, I dunno why you're making a big deal about it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    No, I know Lauren hart sings the anthem, but that's why it's creepy, she's basically like "take it away (from the grave) Kate!"

Plus, Kate Smith isn't exactly the best thing to look at...
    Or it's not creepy at all because there is meaning behind it all. Nobody cares what Kate Smith looks like.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    not jsut this thread, several different threads on here as well as other forums I read...I'm not bitter either, we beat the best 2 teams in the east against all odds, I just think you guys are delusional for not recognizing that the Habs team you beat was not even remotely the team of the first two series.
    See, I don't think you can take all the credit from the Flyers and base the whole series on the Habs sucking. The Habs inability to get rolling had to have had at least something to do with the strong defensive play of the Flyers. It's a combination but there't 2 ways to look at it

Mister Mcgoo= Man my Hab's are sucking. They only scored 1 PP goal all series and got shut out 3 times.

Flyers Fan= Man my Flyer's are playing awesome. They aren't giving them any chances and shut them out 3 times

What's actually right is probably somewhere in the middle but of course the Flyers fan lean toward the latter.

. The Flyers completely outplayed the Habs in the series, they more than deserved the win and none of my posts are seeking to take anything away from that. My sole argument is that the Flyers half-assed beat a team
    So they "completely outplayed" them in one sentence then they "half-assed" beat them the next? weird?

wtf are you talking about? Who said they didn't have heart??? All I said was that I think the Hawks meet or exceed the Flyers on all dimensions including heart, yeesh, try staying up after your bedtime once and awhile and watch the west coast games, the Hawks have shown a ton of heart and grit, no deficiency in that dept with Keith and Toews and Byfuglien playing the way they are
    I live in the West. I love the Hawks. I know Keith's brother well. I'm saying they have done nothing as a team to indicate they have more heart than the Flyers. They've cruised through the first 3 round. The Flyers lost their best goal scorer (Carter) a first-line forward (Gagne) and their starter (Boucher) for extended periods AND the made a comeback that's only been done 3 times before in league history. You DID say you thought the Hawks had more heart. That's a hard statement to back up.

Keith getting 7 teeth knocked out and only missing a few shifts was pretty awesome though.

Dobber Sports Sage

I hear you dub, and I apologize if thats how it comes off, I swear I'm trying my utmost to be objective and this is supposed to be a forum dedicated to discussing the series, the matchups, etc so why not take what I'm saying at face value instead of imagining I'm just out to be a dick? My whole mantra throughout the playoffs has been that its the team that is playing the best as a TEAM that has won each series, the Flyers are no exception, not taking anything away from them on that front...if you can honestly say that you think the Flyers played their best hockey in that last series then I'll drop it but I don't think that's been the case, I was far more impressed by the wins over Jersey and Boston. On the other hand I think the Hawks have gotten better and better with each series win, so to me they are entering these finals as the distinct favorite
    I do agree with dub that you come across as always attacking the other person. For instance, you were making a point to someone but you had to throw in if it wasn't past their bedtime, they would know more about the West. I just think that's unnecessary.

You know your stuff and have some great points. But at times I think people get frustrated with the way you word things.

No hard feelings. Just something to think about that maybe could help things turning from discussion to arguments if you know what I mean?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AJB86 View Post

What's actually right is probably somewhere in the middle but of course the Flyers fan lean toward the latter.
    I've been trying to make that exact point for 2 days, its just always interpreted as a bash on the Flyers because of who I cheer for. If I'm a Flyers fan I'm thrilled to be in the finals and pumped on my team given all they've overcome, but I've also got a little lingering worry because this series was not our best work, that is the sum total of my point in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AJB86 View Post

So they "completely outplayed" them in one sentence then they "half-assed" beat them the next? weird?
    This is the trouble with trying to simultaneously convey respect for what the Flyers have accomplished as well as objectively evaluating their recent play. I don't think either the Flyers or the Habs played their best hockey in this series, that's why I call it 'half-assed'...but did the Habs still get outplayed? Yes absolutely. Its not hard to wrap your head around this guys, the way the Habs played in this series and the way the Flyers came into this series it should have been 6-1 every single night and a 4 game sweep. Instead you had two totally skewed games and 3 others where they traded periods.

Dobber Sports Stud

Being an avid Hawks fan, I am bias. Considering the experts from Dobber, I don't like the opinion that the Flyers are the underdog. That will only fuel them. I am hoping that Niemi can out play Leighton. I do think that Montreal helped him to look good, not saying that he wasn't, but he certainly didn't have any traffic in front of him. When he did, he could just look over Gionta. Chicago will have a presence in front of Leighton, we will see if he can keep it up. If Philly continues with their practise of taking penalties, Chicago's pp will get them. I am going to go with the Hawks in 6.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    Or it's not creepy at all because there is meaning behind it all. Nobody cares what Kate Smith looks like.
    At least it's better than the Hawk's anthem. Still don't get why they clap through the whole thing.

Dobber Sports Pro

[QUOTE=The Comish;475475] I don't think you are giving the Flyers much credit for making Montreal look bad. What I take away from your various posts are that Montreal played like crap and Philly was just okay.

I would offer that Philly made Montreal look bad. Philadelphia is a bigger team that plays bigger than they are. It's important to note that Philly is deeper than Washington or Pittsburgh. That depth combined with their size advantage really made the difference in the series.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, so here is exactly what was said:

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo
    I think the Hawks are as good or better than them on every dimension you care to measure, including the all important 'heart'.

And here's AJB86's response:

AJB86 is simply making a sarcastic reply to your statement. Why do you feel the need to take such great offense to that?

Not only did Philly do something only two other teams in NHL history have done, they have played without some of their best players for appreciable stretches in these playoffs- Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne, Ian Laperriere and are on their third string goaltender.

Who have the Hawks not had for stretches of these playoffs? Brian Campbell missed three games and Duncan Keith lost seven teeth. They are using their 1b goalie. Does that compare to the Flyers playoff woes? Nope, the Flyers have had to deal with the most adversity in these playoffs.

So when you say the Hawks measure up in the heart department, of course any Flyers fan is going to take issue with you. No one should question the Hawks heart, but allow the Flyer faithful to bask in their team's inspiring efforts! Have a heart man!
    Thunderous Applause! +1 from me.
    Last edited by Rusty Pickles; May 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Chicago in FIVE.. I just want Toews to bring that cup back to WINNIPEG baby!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Exclamation Chicago vs Philadelphia Pre-Season Predictions

I was just looking back in the Sports Forecaster, McKeen's and Dobber's guide and it's funny seeing where they predicted Chicago and Philadelphia:

Chicago

SF - 2nd in Div, 5th in Conf
    McKeen's - 1st in Div, 1st in Conf
    Dobber - 1st in Div, 1st in Conf
    Actual - 1st in Div, 2nd in Conf

Philadelphia

SF - 1st in Div, 2nd in Conf
    McKeen's - 1st in Div, 2nd in Conf
    Dobber - 2nd in Div, 4th in Conf
    Actual - 3rd in Div, tied for 7th in Conf

My point is simply that Philly didn't deliver on expectations during the regular season and that to call them huge underdogs, like some "experts" believe, would be a huge mistake. I love looking back!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Chicago in FIVE.. I just want Toews to bring that cup back to WINNIPEG baby!!
    Welcome back Zorro!! How was your vacation to Bitterland? Did they serve you sour grapes daily?

I kid I kid
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Initiate

ZORRO! Welcome back man.

No way does this series end in five, either way. I'd bet my life savings on it (which right now is somewhere in the $10 range, lol).

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    chicago in five.. I just want toews to bring that cup back to winnipeg baby!!
    found him!!!!!!!!!
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't usually put too much stock in ESPN, but this was too funny not too share:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/pa...ers-beat-hawks

The highlight?

In Chicago, you get Toews, bro; in Philly, you get tased, bro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Welcome back Zorro!! How was your vacation to Bitterland? Did they serve you sour grapes daily?

I kid I kid
    Z and I are forming an "F-you Flyers" support group to give a big **** you back to the team that just ****ed ours...were all about giving back, it's something we are quite passionate about