Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Chicago vs. Philadelphia

Dobber Sports Pro

hey bub,

go die like your habs....

i don't drink any type of light beer, that's only for habs fans. c-unt.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Sage

Will both of you shut up already? This is a stanley cup final thread, lets get the discussion back on the topic.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    Will both of you shut up already? This is a stanley cup final thread, lets get the discussion back on the topic.
    did your source give you permission to talk like a man?
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Pickles View Post
    did your source give you permission to talk like a man?
    that's 10 Rusty, go for that golden ring!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    that's 10 Rusty, go for that golden ring!
    you talking about the par 3 on hole 10?

your math skills still suck severely
    Last edited by Rusty Pickles; May 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM.

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Ninja

Was out all night at a fundraiser and missed the whole game but looked like it was a bit of a barnburner.

Wish I could have seen it to get a feel for what the game was like, but I'm not shocked by the result. 2 "average at best" goaltenders (or 3 if you include Boucher) and 11 goals scored now that there is some offense happening.

Was the goaltending really bad, or were the chances just really good?

And Playmaker, I still don't give the Flyers much of a chance of winning more than 1 game, but looking at the box score makes it look like it was at least close - was it for the most part?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

neither goalie was very good but that wasn't the main reason IMO...to me it looked like two teams that were playing like NHL pros on offense, and Jr teams on defense...lotsa sloppy, undisciplined play on both sides which obviously the big powerful offenses were able to exploit. As Strider aptly noted, the big lines were ineffectual, it was the 3rd and 4th liners that seemed to have the most impact. The Hawks won it but they can't be any happier with HOW they won it than the Flyers are with how they lost it

Dobber Sports Sage

Was out all night at a fundraiser and missed the whole game but looked like it was a bit of a barnburner.

Wish I could have seen it to get a feel for what the game was like, but I'm not shocked by the result. 2 "average at best" goaltenders (or 3 if you include Boucher) and 11 goals scored now that there is some offense happening.

And Playmaker, I still don't give the Flyers much of a chance of winning more than 1 game, but looking at the box score makes it look like it was at least close - was it for the most part?
    The goaltending wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Leighton failed to come up with the big save and was deep in his net a little too much (Sharp's goal sticks out to me).

The Flyers had the better of the play. They outchanced the Hawks and played a decent game. I'm not going to say they deserved to win but they carried the play more than Chicago did.

Doulos, how come you don't think the Flyers have that much of a chance? Just looking for some reasoning. I think these teams are so close. A lot of similarities between the two. Great depth, strong defense (not tonight), and question marks in net.

Dobber Sports Sage

The big lines were shut down but it wasn't just the 3rd and 4th lines doing everything. And these teams have great 3rd lines so them producing shouldn't be surprising. 2 goals game from the 4th lines (Betts and Kopecky). Other than that, I'm not surprised at who figured in the goals.

Philly's 2nd line produced. Their 3rd line didn't do much (Asham scored but when the 2nd line was on).

Chicago's 2nd and 3rd lines both produced.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just my own gut feeling based on history (a 7th seed winning the Cup?), the Hawks playing what I would consider better opposition throughout the playoffs, the injuries perhaps coming to catch up with the Flyers (both sides are injured I am sure).

I think on paper these teams look close, but I'm not certain they really are.

But it sounds like it was a close game tonight, so maybe the Flyers will surprise.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just my own gut feeling based on history (a 7th seed winning the Cup?), the Hawks playing what I would consider better opposition throughout the playoffs, the injuries perhaps coming to catch up with the Flyers (both sides are injured I am sure).

I think on paper these teams look close, but I'm not certain they really are.

But it sounds like it was a close game tonight, so maybe the Flyers will surprise.
    I don't think this is a normal 7th seed though. Philadelphia was predicted by a lot of people to win the cup, or at least get to this point. They finally have come together and match up well against Chicago.

Chicago did play better competition but the Flyers beat who they had too.

And the Flyers are healthier then they have been the entire playoffs. Actually, the season for that matter.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe you'll be right, I guess we'll see.

Whether Flyers should be a 7th seed or not is up for debate for sure, but they are, and history is just not on their side in these situations. And by not on their side, I am pretty sure this is a "never happened ever" sort of territory. Sure they came back from 0-3, but do they have that kind of lightning in a bottle against a team that can actually score? We'll see over the next couple weeks.

These playoffs define "anything can happen" so it should be interesting to watch - wish I could have seen tonight's game.

As for injuries, I see the bodies on the ice, but how healthy are all of these guys. Hard to say.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    The big lines were shut down but it wasn't just the 3rd and 4th lines doing everything. And these teams have great 3rd lines so them producing shouldn't be surprising. 2 goals game from the 4th lines (Betts and Kopecky). Other than that, I'm not surprised at who figured in the goals.

Philly's 2nd line produced. Their 3rd line didn't do much (Asham scored but when the 2nd line was on).

Chicago's 2nd and 3rd lines both produced.
    Our young guns (JvR/Giroux) need to play better, for sure. The Stanley Cup Finals is not the time to remember how old you are, or in this case how old they aren't. I saw a couple times where I thought Giroux made one too many moves or tried to pass when he should have taken the shot. These are young guys and I think they'll get better as the series goes on and they adjust to the pressure.

I fully expect both top lines to be stifled this series. Pronger/Carle and Keith/Seabrook are going to make life miserable for the guys they're up against. Which one is able to produce offensively may very well be the question that decides this series.

We'll find out how close they are over the course of the series doulos, but if this game is any indication they are just as close as advertised. Everybody plays hurt this time of the year, but the Flyers are as healthy as they've been all year. I haven't heard anything about Krajicek though. That hit looked like it could have done some damage, even though he came back.

So, three questions going into next game. Does Leighton start? Does Krajicek start? Does Carcillo dress? My guess is yes, yes, and no.

EDIT: 500th post. Yay me!!! I should get a prize or something.

Dobber Sports Sage

Maybe you'll be right, I guess we'll see.

Whether Flyers should be a 7th seed or not is up for debate for sure, but they are, and history is just not on their side in these situations. And by not on their side, I am pretty sure this is a "never happened ever" sort of territory. Sure they came back from 0-3, but do they have that kind of lightning in a bottle against a team that can actually score? We'll see over the next couple weeks.

These playoffs define "anything can happen" so it should be interesting to watch - wish I could have seen tonight's game.

As for injuries, I see the bodies on the ice, but how healthy are all of these guys. Hard to say.
    Oh, nobody is "healthy" right now. I agree with that 100%.

For the record, I predicted Chicago in 6. So I'm not trying to convince you that the Flyers will win this series. Just that they have a legit shot to win. Because they do and can still take this series.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by strider2k2 View Post
    Our young guns (JvR/Giroux) need to play better, for sure. The Stanley Cup Finals is not the time to remember how old you are, or in this case how old they aren't. I saw a couple times where I thought Giroux made one too many moves or tried to pass when he should have taken the shot. These are young guys and I think they'll get better as the series goes on and they adjust to the pressure.

I fully expect both top lines to be stifled this series. Pronger/Carle and Keith/Seabrook are going to make life miserable for the guys they're up against. Which one is able to produce offensively may very well be the question that decides this series.

We'll find out how close they are over the course of the series doulos, but if this game is any indication they are just as close as advertised. Everybody plays hurt this time of the year, but the Flyers are as healthy as they've been all year. I haven't heard anything about Krajicek though. That hit looked like it could have done some damage, even though he came back.

So, three questions going into next game. Does Leighton start? Does Krajicek start? Does Carcillo dress? My guess is yes, yes, and no.

EDIT: 500th post. Yay me!!! I should get a prize or something.
    Giroux and JVR do need to step it up. I think they both will.

I think Krajicek will play and I don't think Carcillo will play. I have no idea about Leighton/Boucher. I say go back to Leighton.

I'll try and find out some stuff tomorrow.