Thread: Neal/Burns for Brown/Pietrangelo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Neal/Burns for Brown/Pietrangelo

Keeper League in sig. Pts only so it takes Brown's hits out.

Which side would you rather own?

I have the Brown side now. I have always liked Burns, so it seems a good time to buy somewhat low on him, and Neal is pretty close to Brown pts wise and should keep progressing in Dallas.

Thanks guys!
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Legend

Interesting. My take is that Neal and Brown will end up pretty even in a PO league (55-70 pts.) So this really comes down to Burns vs. Pietrangelo. Right now, Burns will give you decent production. Pietrangelo is still a prospect.

That said, you would be incurring some risk in this proposed deal. For one, Burns has a history of injuries, including multiple concussions. He also has some chunky competition for Wild PP time with Zidlicky and Barker in the mix.

Pietrangelo is a real nice blue chipper. Some have grown impatient with him, but not me. I think he will be part of a deadly Blues PP unit with EJ, possibly in 2011-12. I would really consider removing him from the proposal.

Evaluating your team, your D is packed with a clump of Burns-types (Pitkanen, Liles, Bieksa, Seabrook, etc.) Burns gives you no clear shot in the arm back there, so why move a potential stud for an injury-prone type you already have?

With Green, Doughty, Yandle and Pietrangelo, Letang and Carlson on your farm, your D could be a monster in a couple of years. I would be patient and let Pietrangelo blossom. At that point, you will get a lot more for him via trade.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks, Fungchen. Admittedly I am concerned with Burn's injury history. I also had not given up on Pietrangelo, just measuring the readiness of the two D, thinking I'd get help sooner with Burns.

A fairly lateral trade I will admit, perhaps I'll see if I can swing Brown for Neal...a bit younger for similar production.

I hate this part of the offseason (for the pool) as you really want to see what happens July 1st and at the draft before swinging major trades. Just tinkering for now.

C.
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Legend

Yeah, the Neal for Brown deal could work for you. Similar production, but Neal is younger and I think he has a bit more upside. That would also give you a nice little Neal-Benn duo as they become the main triggermen on the Stars.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah, the Benn/Neal combo could be good going forward and it looks like they may both get a good deal of ice time.

Am hoping the Kings foray into the playoffs has exposed them to the eastern timezone poolies, maybe boosting their value.

We'll see.

Saanichton Cougars