Thread: Who do I trade for Hall or Seguin?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who do I trade for Hall or Seguin?

So I am in a salary cap format pool 56.8 M. Our cats are points and plus- minus. I have the first overall pick and think will go with who ever Boston picks up. I would like to trade for the second overall pick so I can then have Hall and Seguin. I am debating trading away either Perry (5.325M) or Pavelski who is an RFA and rumors are starting that he will make in the 5M area. I might be able to trade Letang for the pick as well, he makes 3.5M.

So who do I trade and is it worth it. Letang Pavelski or Perry?

What order would you do it in?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    So I am in a salary cap format pool 56.8 M. Our cats are points and plus- minus. I have the first overall pick and think will go with who ever Boston picks up. I would like to trade for the second overall pick so I can then have Hall and Seguin. I am debating trading away either Perry (5.325M) or Pavelski who is an RFA and rumors are starting that he will make in the 5M area. I might be able to trade Letang for the pick as well, he makes 3.5M.

So who do I trade and is it worth it. Letang Pavelski or Perry?

What order would you do it in?
    If you can trade Pavelski for the pick then do it. But I wouldn't trade Letang... he's due to get serious minutes next year with Gonchar gone. I'd rather you deal Doan since he is the odd man out in your young lineup.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Ace

As Renegade said, I would sort of jump on the hype Pavelski is developing right now and sell high on him. I think nabbing Seguin or Hall would be good return at this point. I know Pavelski has been seeing time at the point on the top PP unit in SJ, but he is still behind Thornton at C. Pavelski's skill at the faceoff dot make it unlikely that he would get moved over to wing completely. It is unlikely the Sharks bring back both Marleau and Pavelski.

I prefer them in this order: Perry, Pavelski, Letang. However, it is difficult to gauge the value of a defenseman when comparing them to forwards. Not sure how your league values top end prospects, in both my leagues they are like gold, so I am not sure Letang would be enough to nab Hall or Seguin. If that flies in your league, I would do it. You have Goligoski as is and Sangs/Pietrangelo in the wings, you can afford the loss of Letang. Of course with Filatov and MPS on deck, losing a forward would not be the end of the world either.

While Perry has the biggest cap hit, I would hang onto him at all costs. I believe he is going to be a special player that will regularly post close to PPG over the next few seasons.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Go with the center!

I would trade J.Pavelski because Ã* 5m center you can find a replacement easily, its gonna be harder to replace either of Letang or Perry ( 1 of the top RW IMO ). If you do that trade in a salary cap pool, Im not wondering why that GM have that picK!!!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

IF i own the first pick i want more than pavelski for hall or seguin

the two questions about a trade what i want to give

and what HE want to receive

with the early succes of stamkos in his career the guy who can pick hall or seguin will lhave the succes of stamkos in memory!!!!
    keeper league 18 GM sixth years
    Goal(1pts),helper(1pts),Victory(2pts),SO(1 pts)

forward**
    t seguin.... j hudler..... m lucic
    j benn..... a steen
    e malkin..... w simmonds
    a Kopitar.... t ennis

def**
    d doughty a markov
    s weber

goalies**
    s mason

Dobber Sports Genius

Pavelski/Letang is a reasonable offer. Do not hold too much hope that it springs the pick loose.

Perry might achieve the pick. This however, is absolute foolishness on your part. The pick will almost certainly not be BETTER than Perry. Perry is a young, proven star still on developmental path. His extended stats are excellent for a winger.

The first order of business when making a deal such as this, is to assess what the other guy really needs. If you aren't filling a couple of significant holes in his lineup, your chances of success are minimal. Approaching with the likes of Duchene or a star that is approximately 31 years of age would be my first two thoughts in achieving a deal. Excellent draft picks can also factor into making such a deal work.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys, I will try to use to hype on pavelski to get this trade done. I will let you know.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I might be able to trade Pavelski for Giroux who only makes 821000$ next year or for Jordan Staal who makes 4M for the next 3 years.