Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Expert" Panel Playoff Predictions

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for the defense, gents, but I really don't mind being called out after going 3-for-8 during the first round.

I wanted to be the guy to say "a ha" when Phoenix beat Detroit! If I'm not betting money, I tend to take chances with projections, why not? Especially in the playoffs. I took the underdogs in the wrong series though, unfortunately.

I don't have the numbers handy but I think I was something like 11-4 or 10-15 last year. So maybe this is just an anomaly. Or perhaps I won't be the next Miss Cleo?

Time to soul search.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sage

I just made my "non-expert" predictions for round 2 in the "Other" section and I encourage all of you other non-experts to do the same. It's one thing to point the finger, but it's another to pony up and make your own predictions.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Thanks for the defense, gents, but I really don't mind being called out after going 3-for-8 during the first round.

I wanted to be the guy to say "a ha" when Phoenix beat Detroit! If I'm not betting money, I tend to take chances with projections, why not? Especially in the playoffs. I took the underdogs in the wrong series though, unfortunately.

I don't have the numbers handy but I think I was something like 11-4 or 10-15 last year. So maybe this is just an anomaly. Or perhaps I won't be the next Miss Cleo?

Time to soul search.
    I was ready to pick Phoenix in the first round, too, until I saw that their matchup was against Detroit. They took the Wings to 7 and were missing Doan -- their captain and best player -- for the last four games and most of Game 3.

The Wings got their act together toward the end of the season -- and got healthy -- and still had to dig deep to beat the Coyotes.

The Coyotes' success this season is a testament to Wayne Gretzky's coaching abilities.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Ace

The more people leaping to logically defend the "experts" against this "villainous outsider" are just feeding the fire he's looking to start.

Ignore the trolls, enjoy the fun responses ala doulos.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default TSN Expert 5-3 in the first round

TSN's Bob McKenzie just posted this on Twitter. He and I had identical records in the first round will have identical records after Round 2 -- he picked the same teams as me.

Prediction time (uggh). 5-3 in first round. Pitt over Mtl; Bos over Philly (sorry Lavi LOL), Det over SJ and, ta duh, Van over Chi.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Ace

Predictions are guesses so i wont put too much into the fact if someone fails ....Angus and Dobbs watch hockey just like the rest of us...to think they are special or have more insight is rediculous...i personally trust myself over anyone when it comes to the game i love,if you dont that's a shame.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    The more people leaping to logically defend the "experts" against this "villainous outsider" are just feeding the fire he's looking to start.

Ignore the trolls, enjoy the fun responses ala doulos.
    He's not a villainous outsider, he's a master forum's baiter. I chortled yesterday at how many guys he hooked.