Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hossa for huet?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default hossa for huet?

get to keep six and as in most pools goalies have a higher value than most others,so does huet a 1st,4th,7th,9th for hossa a 2nd,8th,14th,14th,sound fair?
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re:hossa for huet?

It is hard to understand the value of picks without being in the league for a few years. I guess in a league where you only keep 6 players some of those early picks will be really valuable. Who do you think you could get with that 1st pick? Who would you miss out on with the 2nd pick? Etc. If you lay out all the types of players you might get the deal might present itself more clearly.

Still, I would hate to imagine that Hossa couldn\'t even get you a top 10 goalie.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi smoothfun: Can I clarify your question? Are you asking if Hossa and a first overall pick, plus other picks, for Huet and a second overall pick, plus other picks, is fair?

If I have understood the question then the issue to me would be weather Hossa for Huet is reasonable. I don\'t think there is to much difference between the 1st overall pick and the second overall. That being the case, you are left with Hossa for Huet. If I own Huet, I jump at it. If I own Hossa, it is not enough. I question how long Huet is going to be the starter in Montreal. I would look at acquiring someone with more long term upside. Personally, I consider that Carey Price might only be training camp, or injury, away from becoming the starter in Montreal. I am not suggesting Hossa for Carey Price, I am just saying that I consider Hossa should bring a goaltender with higher value than Huet.

My opinion for what it is worth. out.

Dobber Sports Genius

reeveta wrote:
    It is hard to understand the value of picks without being in the league for a few years. I guess in a league where you only keep 6 players some of those early picks will be really valuable. Who do you think you could get with that 1st pick? Who would you miss out on with the 2nd pick? Etc. If you lay out all the types of players you might get the deal might present itself more clearly.

Still, I would hate to imagine that Hossa couldn\'t even get you a top 10 goalie.
    thanks , i know not much info,we have 14 rounds in our draft and if i were to make this deal i\'d still have at least 1 pick in each of the first 5 rounds.keepers now look like malkin,turco,stastny,getzlafrichards,last spot undecided,yashin,norrena,zidlicky,kessel?i would be the one trading huet for hossa , and sounds worth it to me , just trying to get good advice as i\'m just starting to get better at this game,lol.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go for a better proven goaltender than Huet for Hossa.

Kiprusoff available? Gigučre, Lundqvist, Turco?
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Ace

If you can get Hossa for Huet jump on it!Hossa will be top 10 for years to come and in my opinion Huet can be replaced.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Genius

WildHendy wrote:
    If you can get Hossa for Huet jump on it!Hossa will be top 10 for years to come and in my opinion Huet can be replaced.
    appreciate the advice , you\'ve answered my question and confirmed what i thought,basically hossa is well worth giving up huet in exchange.now i just hope my nemessis does\'nt know about this sight.the reason i used huet as the trade bait is because he picked up price , figured he\'d like to have the cream with his coffee,lol.i jumped on pogge but looks like he\'s got a ways to go before he sees any real time in toronto,again thanks tribe!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Very confusing post. If you are trading for Hossa you better jump on this before the other guy wakes up. I think you might have people a little upset about this deal. Huet is junk... But if it was me I would try as hard as I could to trade HUET, especially for HOSSA...
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Huet for Hossa?

Man if I was the owner of Hossa and offered Hossa for Huet, I would ENSURE it was MARCEL and not MARIAN.

But, if he\'s going to give you Marian Hossa for Huet, take it then laugh.
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Genius

not so sure i should laugh,but the deal is done and yes it\'s marion!huet+1st+3rd+7th for hossa+8th+12th+13th.in our league goalies are always of higher value as there are so few compared to other players.oh and i\'m not laughing because i\'m busy jumping up and down crying with tears of joy!

Dobber Sports Genius

Huet for Hossa !!! It can happen !!!

Last year, I traded Stajan, Calder and my 1st pick for Hossa ! (hihihi) !

This year, I won my pool !

Thanks man ! :lol:

I can\'t believe your league allows such deals, both those deals you guys (pete&smooth)just stated are both BOGUS. You guys got away with robbery forsure. Hey atleast you weren\'t at the other end. Did anybody in your league contest it? How many guys are in your leagues??? Man I am very surprised here..

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah a couple of guys contest it, but what can we do ? If the guy don\'t know the value of Hossa, that\'s not the fault of anybody !

If it wasn\'t me, it will be another guy ...

A keeper league is like the NHL, some GM got robbed : Thornton, Roy, Luongo anyone ?

Dobber Sports Genius

Zorro wrote:
    I can\'t believe your league allows such deals, both those deals you guys (pete&smooth)just stated are both BOGUS. You guys got away with robbery forsure. Hey atleast you weren\'t at the other end. Did anybody in your league contest it? How many guys are in your leagues??? Man I am very surprised here..
    contest it , i just had a friend tell me i was fleeced!get this , pronger and a 10th for a 1st!!!!!!!!!!!raycroft +rafalski+11th for a ist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now i\'m pissed.i agree with this site and the advice i\'ve heard , hossa is at the least top 10,pts wise and i\'m glad to add him to my keepers.thanks guys!.

Well if that is the case I would have traded for Hossa aswell. Man I would love to be in that league. I just can\'t believe those deals are going on in your league. But you are right, lop-sided deals happen in the NHL too every now and then. I just want to say good job boys. Get some more deals done, I want to hear about them. Its all about ripping off the next guy, I love it, be ruthless... Z..