Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Standings and Teams

Dobber Sports Stud

After Game 2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dobber Sports Stud

and to add more to the battle for 2nd Bearster's Boys and Great Wall of Chinny are tied with 23 goals, which happens to be the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

Dobber Sports Stud

After Game 3 - Goals are now listed on the teams page

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the update! It's hot hot hot!

Dobber Sports Stud

After game 5

Dobber Sports Guru

silly question at this point, but why are there only 13 teams involved? did i miss a rule change or did two guys not get their rosters in?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    or did two guys not get their rosters in?
    BINGO (plus stuff to make this message long enough)

Dobber Sports Ace

I hate to sound negative but it has to be said - If someone doesn't care enough to enter in a playoff roster, do they deserve a team in this league? I understand that there are several capable Dobberites waiting for the opportunity to join our league.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    I hate to sound negative but it has to be said - If someone doesn't care enough to enter in a playoff roster, do they deserve a team in this league? I understand that there are several capable Dobberites waiting for the opportunity to join our league.
    I can't agree more, the work Comish puts into this is unmatched, this league deserves top GM's and there are more than enough capable and willing Dobberites to fill those spots for those that don't care

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    I think with one of the teams, it was obvious (not enough players from playoff teams) what his roster was going to be, but the rules state you have to send your playoff line-ups in. No babysitting. If I had heard a good enough reason (family emergency, serious illness or something otherwise unavoidable) I may have allowed a late roster submission, if the circumstances were reasonable.

You guys aren't aware, but I've had to find replacements for six unexpected owners who bowed out after this season. That's six in addition to the two relegated teams. I've already got five new owners in place, thanks to our feeder league. We only need three more new owners. I'm waiting for two guys to get back to me and I'll send out my last invitation today. If any of those three decline, I'll have space(s) available. If you guys have any buddies that might be interested, have them send me an email or PM here.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    You guys aren't aware, but I've had to find replacements for six unexpected owners who bowed out after this season. That's six in addition to the two relegated teams. I've already got five new owners in place, thanks to our feeder league. We only need three more new owners. I'm waiting for two guys to get back to me and I'll send out my last invitation today. If any of those three decline, I'll have space(s) available. If you guys have any buddies that might be interested, have them send me an email or PM here.
    Hmmm, I'm sad to hear that, but I have seen a decline in interest in some fellow GMs in the last few months, so that was expected. Can we know which owners left?

Again, thanks a lot for putting this superb league together!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Owners who have opted out for next year:

Tier 1
    Broad Street Bullies - filled

Tier 2
    Praba - EDIT - filled
    Culpy99 - filled

Tier 3
    Bone Corporation II - filled
    newper114 - filled
    Dat Sooks - EDIT - filled

Relegated
    Snipers - filled one new owner
    Regiopolis XK - offer sent to prospective new owner

Luckily, I had a decently long list of potential new owners. If one of the guys I've sent the offers to bows out, I will take any names you guys have or if no takers, go public here in the forums.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the update Russ! Like I said before it's sad to hear that, but for the good health of the league, it's definitely better to have GMs who have time to put in this league.

While I have you, have you come up with something for your farm team idea?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am close to starting a thread in here to do with potential rule changes/tweaks for discussion. After we have said our fill, I will take what I think we have a consensus on and put it to a vote. I don't want to get into the details in this thread, but will try to put pen to paper this week BEFORE the season ends (hopefully!).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I am close to starting a thread in here to do with potential rule changes/tweaks for discussion. After we have said our fill, I will take what I think we have a consensus on and put it to a vote. I don't want to get into the details in this thread, but will try to put pen to paper this week BEFORE the season ends (hopefully!).
    Sounds good! There's definitely no rush around that. I guess I was just curious to see where you were at regarding this.

Thanks again!