Thread: Giroux or perron??

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Giroux or perron??

do you guys think Giroux will make the team next year?? im rebuilding my team for next year and im debating on signing one of perron or giroux......who do you guys think??

I...am your father.

What a coincidence - I just posted in my ramblings on him.

I think he could make the team, but two years is a more likely scenario unless the Flyers make room for him.
    B)

His upside is WAY higher than Perron\'s
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Giroux was the final cut this year in PHI. He almost made this team this year (and the flyers are three scoring lines deep legitimately now). Kappanen or Knuble would be most likely on the chopping block to bring him up next season (on age alone, kaps still has speed, knuble not so much). Hartnell just got way too big of a contract to say goodbye after one year. I believe Lupul is on year two of a three year deal and he may command too much on the open market as a FA if he continues to light it up in PHI.

latest blurb from the flyers message board that tracks giroux and other phi prospects

QUOTE(FlyersGirl @ Nov 11 2007, 11:15 PM) *
    Giroux had a hat trick tonight and 1 assist. He is now leading the QMJHL in scoring with 39 points. He also leads in +/-. He is +20 on the year. 21 games.

with names like nodl, downie, giroux, jvr, potulny, ruzicka, parent, kempe, maroon, and johnson in the system they should have a good nucleus for a long time. Imagine if we won the lottery instead of Chi and Kane was here....scary.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You guys passed on Turris who I think will be better than Kane.. but thats a whole new topic....

Dobber Sports Pro

yeah i wanted turris too. that\'s a different story lol
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.