Thread: Platt trade impact on Ebbett, Miller, Carter?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Platt trade impact on Ebbett, Miller, Carter?

the Ducks just traded for Geoff Platt from the Jackets. He\'s no threat to Getzlaf and McDonald\'s top 2 C spots, but may very well land a spot on the 3rd line, at C or LW. As an Ebbett owner, should I be worried that this will force him to wait another year in the A rather than earning the 3rd line C spot next season? Marchant and Pahlsson are already signed for next year, and Platt will be an RFA. Of course, if he slots at LW, I assume that reduces Miller\'s or Carter\'s NHL time for this season.

Of course, this could just be a short term cap move - at just over 2.5M/year for this year and the next, Marchant could be sent down with no fear of a rival GM picking him up - likely not even upon re-entry. Platt\'s cap hit is 0.55. The difference accounts for most of the cap hit difference between Hiller and Bryzgalov, allowing Burke to trade Bryz without waiting for Nieds to decide on coming back - it would still leave just about enough cap room to absorb Nieds\' cap hit.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Platt trade impact on Ebbett, Miller, Carter?

Dobber answered this on another Prospects thread as I was writing up my question - you can all switch the discussion there ...
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...