Thread: Geoff Platt in Anaheim

I...am your father.

Default Geoff Platt in Anaheim

Anaheim has acquired Geoff Platt from the Jackets. They gave up Aaron Rome and Clay Wilson. Platt is an underrated, but undersized forward who can line up at any position. He has had a weak start to his AHL season, but looked solid in the NHL late last season.

Platt ranks 88th on my Top Fantasy Prospects List, but will move up with a fresh start. At the age of 22, he is as close to being NHL-ready as he can. I think the Ducks may not be happy with Drew Miller, Jason King or Ryan Carter and perhaps regret trading Ryan Shannon. Bringing in Platt essentially brings in another Shannon.

He will only see time with the Ducks if Bertuzzi is out - and he will have to prove himself quickly and with minimal ice time. But keep him on your radar.

Platt played the last 17 games in the NHL last year and had nine points. He has looked better with every year he has played. I predicted in the Pool Guide that he would get 42 points, but that was on a thin Columbus team. But it does give you an idea of how highly I think of his potential.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

this pretty much answers my question - you can probably just delete the thread I started simultaneously. Glad to know you don\'t think Ebbett\'s future is affected.

Still, I liked my theory of Platt allowing the demotion of Marchant so as to make cap room for Hiller to be promoted and Bryz to be traded while still leaving cap room for Nieds. It\'s the kind of devious little move Burke would think up
    :laugh:
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Welcome to trading in the new NHL.

Still interesting, but not earth shattering, at least not right away.

I will be putting Platt on my watch list though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The ticker on the NHL Network said that Platt was sent to the minors.