View Poll Results: Which goalie would you pick for the long term?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Weiman

0 0%
  • John Curry

0 0%
  • Matt Hackett

4 100.00%

Thread: Weiman, Curry or Hackett?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Weiman, Curry or Hackett?

Who has the best long-term future in the NHL based on skill and situation?

Hackett seems to have the best talent, but he's got Backstrom and Harding currently in front of him barring a trade.

Any thoughts?

The King of Diatribes

Easily Matt Hackett.

In fact, I hear through the "grapevine" that the Wild are close to signing a three-year entry level contract with him. So right now might be one of the best chances to snag him.

Harding might be ahead of Hacks in the depth chart, but he won't be much of an obstacle to overcome.

I think Hackett's biggest obstacle or hurdle could be the emergence of Niko Hovinen. But the kid can't seem to put together enough consistent hockey to really break out and entice the Wild to bring him overseas. But Hovinen is a goalie to watch, especially due to his size and whatnot.

Weiman is a good prospect and as much as I like him, he's nowhere close to the potential Hackett has. Of course that doesn't always translate to opportunity, but yeah it looks like that one dude Craig Anderson has a stranglehold on the Avs #1 for many years to come

The King of Diatribes

Spooky. He signed today I guess.

And there's a good representation of why he's now #10 in Top-100 Keeper Fantasy Prospect Rankings! Score.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks Justin. I noticed the signing on Rotoworld which prompted the question. Would you drop Weiman or Curry to get Hackett?

The King of Diatribes