Thread: Heatley/Staal/Burrows for Giroux/Nash/Backstrom? Help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Heatley/Staal/Burrows for Giroux/Nash/Backstrom? Help!

OK gents .. looking for some advice. Keeper league, (keeping 2LW, 2 C, 2 RW, 4 D and 1 G). All players below would be easy keepers for both owners.

I am considering offering to other owner

RW Heatley (1.03 ppg)
    C Eric Staal (1.02 ppg)
    LW Alex Burrows (.84 ppg)

in return FOR his

RW Giroux (.58 ppg)
    C Backstrom (1.23 ppg)
    LW Nash (.90 ppg)
    1st round pick (144 players already protected, so not a huge part of trade, but does make up for PPG giveaway).

I think Giroux has major upside, and still hold a bit of a grudge against Heatley for being an ass, as well as being somewhat exposed in the Olympics as being overrated. I think Burrows is producing more on line placement than talent, and like Nash a lot, and see Backstrom as a clear upgrade over the still talented Staal.
    Am I crazy to offer this deal?
    Opinions? It is a very competitive league, and I am leading my division, and in 4th place overall. What do you think? Good move for now and next year, or would it be best to hold off and stick with what I have?

Thanks for any advice!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I personally prefer the Giroux, Backstrom and Nash side.
    I wouldn't hesitate to make this move.

Is it a straight points league?

If PIM is a cat then yo might lose some value in that cat but I really really like this deal.

Backstrom >> Staal
    Nash = Heatley (wash unless goals are heavily rewarded, edge for age goes to Nash)
    Giroux = Burrows

I dont like that Burrows is dependent on his linemates. Giiroux has a higher upside and can create his own points. SOLD

The 1st is a BONUS

Thanks Youngblood - I am not sure if the offer will be accepted, but as I am giving up a big advantage in PPG, I was a bit nervous, especially with the huge dropoff at RW from Heatley to Giroux. Good to hear from another fantasy nut that I am not killing myself with a bad deal. I like Nash, but fantasy-wise, statistically he has underperformed. Plus I have Filatov on my roster, and am hoping he will return and star next year. If he does, he will be good trade bait I guess.
    I just hope Giroux emerges as a star next year, or I will have lost the deal.
    It is a straight points league.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wasn't this thread up yesterday or a few days back? Well since it is here again, I think I would take the young side. I really think Backstrom is a stud and I think Nash is going to bust out sooner or later. I really like Giroux's potential. Who will be available when you use that draft pick? That might just be the icing on the cake for me..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Yup, it was posted with NO replies, so being desperate for feedback, I reposted it.
    The pick would likely be in the range of 20th overall, with the top 200 players already protected, so it would probably be a goalie (which tend to fall for some reason in our league) or a rookie. Thanks for the feedback!