Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Varlamov Starting Tonight

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was at the game tonight and Varly was far from being the reason for the lost. He actually made some pretty terrific saves! Washington must be one of the worst defensive teams I've ever watched! They've got unmatched offensive skill but didn't seem to want to play any defense at all. The Sens played a terrific game and completely shut down the Ovy line. Semin was the only who seemed able to score, although even he was invisible for the first half of the game. Anyways, coming back to Varly, I think he played well all things considered and if Theo was in nets they would have lost at least 10-5.

Sly
    11 Team Keeper League
    Scoring: G (3); A (2); +/- (1); Hits (0.1); PPP (1); SOG (0.2); W (4); GA (-1); SV (0.2); SHO (4)
    Forwards: Ovechkin, Parise, Nichushkin, Domi, Eriksson, Toffoli, Boedker, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau, Duclair, Teravainen, Spooner, Silfverberg, Grigorenko and Wilson
    Defense: Pietrangelo, Suter, Carlson, Voynov, Edler, Letang, Pouliot, Beaulieu, Gormley and Sekera
    Goalies: Rask, Allen, Gibson, Greiss, Raanta and Kuemper
    Farm Team: Mantha, Rattie, Bennett, Goldobin, Shinkaruk, Nurse, Theodore, Matheson and Jarry
    2015 Draft Picks: 2nd, 3rd and 9th overall picks
    Active Roster of 12F, 6D and 2G (moves daily)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sly1 View Post
    I was at the game tonight and Varly was far from being the reason for the lost. He actually made some pretty terrific saves! Washington must be one of the worst defensive teams I've ever watched! They've got unmatched offensive skill but didn't seem to want to play any defense at all. The Sens played a terrific game and completely shut down the Ovy line. Semin was the only who seemed able to score, although even he was invisible for the first half of the game. Anyways, coming back to Varly, I think he played well all things considered and if Theo was in nets they would have lost at least 10-5.

Sly
    Oh come on. I like the guy and all but he was BAAAAD tonight. Was the defense? Absolutely but he let in at least 3 bad goals. That's a bad night. It's not the end of the world, it was his first game back in months so I wouldn't worry about it for a sec but to say he played well is wrong, imo.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Banned

Varlamov is overhyped because of his high win total and his save off Crosby in the playoffs. I really have no clue what his future holds...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Smack1919, I never said he had a great game, what I said was that he was not the reason for the lost and still made some pretty terrific saves. Yes he did have a few somewhat soft goals, but he was also left alone by his defense and hadn't played in a while.
    11 Team Keeper League
    Scoring: G (3); A (2); +/- (1); Hits (0.1); PPP (1); SOG (0.2); W (4); GA (-1); SV (0.2); SHO (4)
    Forwards: Ovechkin, Parise, Nichushkin, Domi, Eriksson, Toffoli, Boedker, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau, Duclair, Teravainen, Spooner, Silfverberg, Grigorenko and Wilson
    Defense: Pietrangelo, Suter, Carlson, Voynov, Edler, Letang, Pouliot, Beaulieu, Gormley and Sekera
    Goalies: Rask, Allen, Gibson, Greiss, Raanta and Kuemper
    Farm Team: Mantha, Rattie, Bennett, Goldobin, Shinkaruk, Nurse, Theodore, Matheson and Jarry
    2015 Draft Picks: 2nd, 3rd and 9th overall picks
    Active Roster of 12F, 6D and 2G (moves daily)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Good to see Varlamov is returning. I wouldn't still start him tonight. Spezza and co. will score atleast 5 goals tonight.
    I hope you guys listened to me and kept Varlamov on the bench yesterday