Thread: Price Owner, So Screwed

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Price Owner, So Screwed

Man, as a Price owner I'm feeling a bit used and abused recently. I understand Halak is playing extremely well and all, but damn, can't Carey get a freakin' start here and there?!?

In a H2H keeper I'm in, I've had Lundqvist and Price as my 2 keeper goalies the past 2 years. King Henrik has struggled some as his team goes south around him. And now Price has been turned into a spot starter by the amazing play of Halak. So screwed, dang.

For the love of God, Gainey, trade one of these guys. Pronto.

My pain has been alleviated somewhat by my picking up Elliott as my 4th goalie (behind Conklin too, LOL !) just before his current little Vezina run of greatness. Much love for my boy Elliott these days!

But in my roto keeper, where I used one of my keeper slots last summer on Kovalev, I just can't make myself put him in my starting lineup, even though he's been producing lately. I've grown to dislike "L'Artiste" too much as he faked his way thru the first half of the season and didn't even try most nights. And no one will touch him in trade either. Guess every poolie hates Kovalev!
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by AFlyers66 View Post
    Man, as a Price owner I'm feeling a bit used and abused recently. I understand Halak is playing extremely well and all, but damn, can't Carey get a freakin' start here and there?!?

Why sit the hot hand? Price has already been given plenty of opportunity over the course of this year to prove that he's a screw up with no self-esteem.

Administrator

Price has had too many chances to turn his season around. Every time Halak loses, good or bad they go back to Price. I don't think Price owners should be complaining about opportunity, but rather about performance.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm still in disbelief that I dropped Price, but in a one year league the writing was on the wall.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Pro

He should start tomorrow, he's 3-0 vs Boston this year with great numbers. Halak was okay but not great today, the team played great in front of him; something that hasn't happened consistently when Price plays. That said Price better take advantage and play a good game; I feel your pain AFlyers, I owned Halak and Price and got sick of waiting for one of them to be traded; so I traded Halak away, and now Price hasnt started once since that deal. Luckily for me, I got Elliott coming back in the Halak deal so he's easing my pain like he has for you.

Nothing would make me happier as a Price owner and one of his biggest fans, then too see him get out of Montreal; it just isn't working.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Stud

I feel the joy, I do not own price, but rather picked up Halak at the start of the season when he started to get 1b status. IF he gets moved to Dallas, or elsewhere, he becomes gold. But i would deal price and hold onto Halak if i were montreal.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm so glad I have them both in a h2h league.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Price has had too many chances to turn his season around. Every time Halak loses, good or bad they go back to Price. I don't think Price owners should be complaining about opportunity, but rather about performance.
    I agree with this. Price has had so many chances to get it going, even when Price didn't deserve to get a start martin would throw him in net. Aside from a stretch in late Novmeber-early December, Halak has been the better goalie and should be getting the bulk of the starts.

I agreee with jim, Price should be the one getting moved not Halak
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)

Administrator

Halak's best ability is beyond stats. It's the focus and determination to win. Today the score was 5-3. The save % isn't sexy but what's important is that the Pens were down 2 and had a great chance to cut the lead to 1. Halak made a key save that effectively sealed the victory. He isn't as flashy, big or skilled as Price, but he's looking more like a "winner" to me.

Price is too laid back. He plays his best hockey when he plays with fire, but he always revers to be lazy and robotic. A bit worrisome if you ask me.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree that Halak has been the better goaltender so far in his career than Price and that he deserves the majority of the starts. Price should be dealt at the deadline. Doubtful that it will happen, but I think it would be a smart move. Price probably has more value than Halak too, so they could get a nice return while keeping their #1 goalie (as of now). I'd love to see Price in Philly.

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I posted on here several times on this topic and every time I do I get 20 guys screaming and making excuses for Price.

Halak is plain and simple the better Goalie. At this stage of there careers.
    I have always thought this.
    That is not to say in the future it cannot change.

He is young so he has plenty time to develop but he needs to do so under a solid veteren for a couple of years.

He was and clearly is not ready to carry the load on any team.

He needs to spend some time in the AHL (like 2 years)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
    I posted on here several times on this topic and every time I do I get 20 guys screaming and making excuses for Price.

Halak is plain and simple the better Goalie. At this stage of there careers.
    I have always thought this.
    That is not to say in the future it cannot change.

He is young so he has plenty time to develop but he needs to do so under a solid veteren for a couple of years.

He was and clearly is not ready to carry the load on any team.

He needs to spend some time in the AHL (like 2 years)
    ARGH!GRR! DJFEREGFHLFERWHL!!!

Sorry... just wanted to scream at you... and it's not Price's fault... he.... got hit by Jannsen, thats why hes been mediocre. haha.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up