Thread: KANE OR MUELLER

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default KANE OR MUELLER

dobber still has mueller ahead of kane.
    why ?

its obvious to see kane is far and away the better player now and for many years to come.

thoughts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default KANE OR MUELLER

Don\'t know. At this point, you\'d have to rank Kane higher but Mueller just scored a hat trick last night. He can get hot. It\'s still too early in my opinion to say Kane is far and away better.

The only reason he is in fantasy leagues is because he\'s an RW.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default KANE OR MUELLER

I dont think you can say that Kane will far and away have a better career. Each have only played one month in the NHL and both are on very different teams. Players can take years to develop, especially when we are talking about 19 year olds.

Lets have this conversation again in four years...
    On the Coyote bandwagon since 1996...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default KANE OR MUELLER

Yeah I think it\'s ridiculous that you open with:

\"its obvious to see kane is far and away the better player now and for many years to come.\"

If you look back at their performances in the WJC\'s etc Mueller and Kane were the two dominant forwards for the US, Mueller plays a different style and as a prospect brings a much more complete game then Kane. Fantasy wise Kane might have the edge. Also if you\'re comparing stats from their NHL play then you have to look at minutes played and the roles they play for their teams.

if you look at their last NHL game played:
    \"its obvious to see Mueller is far and away the better player now and for many years to come.\" B)
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default KANE OR MUELLER

If I was to choose now and predict for the future I would say Kane for both. I like him and the new NHL seems to fit his game perfectly. Mueller is a power forward and will take a bit more time to adapt. I think Kane will be a player that will be fighting for the scoring title in years to come. Just my opinion guys, don\'t mean to step on anybody\'s toes. I really like Mueller aswell.. Have a great night guys.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default KANE OR MUELLER

Kane...I think the key here is that he dominated the OHL last year...and while Mueller challenged for the scoring title in the WHL(and I think he will be really good), he did not dominate the way that Kane did....I agree that he will probably be challenging for the scoring lead, although I think crosby will have a lock on that for the next 10 years or so.....Kane is the one!

typo88

Default KANE OR MUELLER

Kane is better RIGHT NOW, but i think that once both hit their primes, people will see a much more dominant mueller then kane. Also, although kane dominated the OHL, you have to take into consideration that it is, well... the ohl. When was the last time a player didnt DOMINATE that league? And Mueller challenged for the scoring title in the WHL, which much like the western conference, plays a much more physical, and defensive game. Had their positions been reversed in juniors, i think that Mueller would have been better in the ohl then kane was, and kane would have been worse in the WHL then Mueller was. HOWEVER, all this said, you really cant go wrong, grab either one of these guys and you will be laughing in 3-4 years.