Thread: Good ol\' Eddie

I...am your father.

Default Good ol\' Eddie

Heat\'s Posey, 2 Panthers arrested on South Beach
    BY ERIKA BERAS
    [email protected]
    Related Content

It was wild night on South Beach for three of South Florida\'s pro athletes.

The Heat\'s James Posey was jailed on a DUI charge, the Panthers\' Ed Belfour was charged with disorderly intoxication and his teammate, Ville Peltonen, was busted after he was seen vandalizing a fire-rescue truck.

It all happened between the hours of 1 and 5 a.m.

Peltonen, least well known of the three, was the first to be arrested. According to a police report, the 33-year-old forward was charged with criminal mischief after he was observed smashing a metal pole across the front passenger side of a Miami Beach fire-rescue truck.

The report does not indicate a motive, but it did say he was smiling the entire time.

The native of Finland was arrested without incident.

Belfour, 38, was arrested outside the same club 10 minutes later.

Security guards at Nikki Beach asked the Panther goalie to leave the club but he refused to do so initially, according to the police report.

When he did finally exit, he turned around and shouted, \"I\'m out and what!\'\' Then, police said, he stood in front of the entrance refusing to budge, resisting a friend\'s attempts to pull him away.

A police officer intervened, police said, but the veteran goalie grabbed the officer\'s shirt, causing a crowd to gather.

When the officer tried to arrest Belfour, the hockey player fell forward, landing flat on the ground, with his hands beneath his stomach. He ignored commands to place his hands behind his back so he could be handcuffed.

The report says his speech was slurred, his eyes bloodshot and he smelled of alcohol.

In addition to disorderly intoxication, Belfour is charged with resisting arrest.

Posey\'s arrest came shortly after 4 a.m.

The 30-year-old forward, who unlike the others had a game earlier in the evening, drew the attention of police when his 2007 Mercedes Benz was observed stopped in the 400 block of 41st Street. The car was stopped in the left-hand traffic lane and Posey was talking to various pedestrians and occupants of other cars, police said.

According to the police report, the arresting officer noticed Posey had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and smelled like alcohol. The report also noted that he was \"unsteady and swayed on his feet.\"

A pro basketball player since 1999, Posey joined the Heat in 2005.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re:Good ol\' Eddie

I wonder if bail is set at one billion?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Rookie

Are we sure that there weren\'t any NFL\'ers hiding in the background egging them on? (hehe)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Eddie never seems to surprise me. Hey did anybody see Theo Fleury at the scene?? He\'s always good for a party..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..