Thread: Jimmy Howard

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Jimmy Howard

Would someone tell me what is not to like about this kid? Is the Wings D just really good at limiting the looks the opponents get? His numbers are pretty damn good for a rookie.

The reason I ask is that I grabbed him early in the season to try and put a bandaid on my goalie woes and he has done way more than that. I always thought I would have to make a serious move on a goalie this season for the future but now with Howard and Hiller, I am not so sure that is necessary.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah Im arguing in another thread that he deserves the Calder this year. Almost everyone thinks Myers is getting it but Howard is the MVP in Detroit this year.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Wow. Hiller and Howard are looking like great gambles to have taken a chance on right now. I only wish I were so lucky!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Wizard

Right now I say it's Myers for the Calder but he keeps playing like this and stopping 40+ shots a night he will easily overtake Myers.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Sage

What do you mean "keep playing like this"? He's been doing this all year!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Wow. Hiller and Howard are looking like great gambles to have taken a chance on right now. I only wish I were so lucky!
    Well I took a dubious stance a couple of months ago and moved Nabbie in a trade that saw Hiller come back. Time will tell if getting younger in goal is going to help in seasons ahead. I knew Hiller to be solid and it was the other pieces of the deal that were likely more important but yeah I am not unhappy with the turn of events.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Howard has been a pleasant surprise and his play has been outstanding. He seems to always be in good position; that combined with his size has resulted in some impressive stats and play.

Who da thunk that scoring goals would be the problem for the Wings and that goaltending would be stellar?!

The playoffs will be the test for Howard. Yes, Wings will squeeze in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I think they will get in - with some goaltending now, they will find a way to score enough goals.