Thread: The curse of my #2 goalie....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default The curse of my #2 goalie....

see team in sig, have built from the net out, currently in 3rd, and close to challenging for division lead, but only 2 weeks before playoffs.

My problem is ive had terrible luck with #2 goalie -- last year i traded for Osgood at the deadline and he let in 8 twice in the playoffs and i lost to the guy who fluked his way to the title. This year I drafted Emery, traded for Theo and grabbed Neuvirth to be backups to Luongo, but they all took turns sucking and week in week out I have been losing goalie cats on average (it really has been my weakness...)

So the deadline came and I made a big move, trading Booth, Edler, Voracek, and Neuvirth for Brodeur and Lidstrom. Now Marty has been awful! Keeps getting pulled and let in 4 vs the horrid Leafs last night -- Im ready to pull my hair out!

Last year the guy won the title with a hot Chris freaking Mason and an injured Khabibulin (who didnt play a game.) Considering there's no minimum starts rule in our league, I'm seriously considering grabbing a 5th goalie like Bernier in LA and playing him with Luongo, and knowing he won't start, taking my chances with wins, but maybe improving odds of GAA and Sv %. Is this crazy? Or should I just stick with Marty and Luongo and hope for the best...?

cheers
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't worry too much - Brodeur will be fine come playoff time for you, which is all that matters.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue94 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much - Brodeur will be fine come playoff time for you, which is all that matters.
    lol thanks
    i keep telling myself that, but since acquiring him he has actually cost me the division lead by himself

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Marty will come around. I feel your pain. I drafted Tim Thomas in the first round and he has been out played by a wide margin by my 9th round, Bryz. Frustrating.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Bin View Post
    Marty will come around. I feel your pain. I drafted Tim Thomas in the first round and he has been out played by a wide margin by my 9th round, Bryz. Frustrating.
    thanks -- another brutal week, both get beat up by the Leafs! (Luongo chased!, Marty lets in 4!) 7.14 GAA, .831 sv% woot!

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs