Thread: Tim Thomas: Is it time to cut ties?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Tim Thomas: Is it time to cut ties?

I am in a 1 year Yahoo league, and my goaltenders are Martin Brodeur, Tim Thomas, and Jimmy Howard. I have been waiting for Thomas to turn it around this season, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. I am thinking about dropping him for another goalie. Brian Elliott and Rick DiPietro are available. What do you think about picking up one of them for Thomas? Also, Varlamov is available, so I might pick up Elliott or DiPietro (and drop Thomas) temporarily until he finally comes back from injury. Thoughts?

Administrator

Hmmm, no I'd rather see you hold onto the goalies you have although I think that picking up Varlamov pre-emptively would be a solid move for you. Perhaps you could dump a middling roster player? He'd be an asset to have if Thomas continues to struggle and certainly you can find a trade partner for one of your goalies.

As far as DiPietro and Elliott go, you won't hear much of a vote of confidence from me for either goalie. DiPietro still has to prove to me that he can stay healthy so I may never advocate a pickup until next season. Elliott simply doesn't play on a good enough team and has too much competition.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think it depends on what kinda of league you are in to some extend in a H2H league I would not have a problem dumping Thomas and stashing Varlamov on IR and taking Dipietro - Elliott has a tougher schedule but Dips will get fewer starts.

Reality is this - Thomas is biting the weenie and at this point I don't see the Bruins getting better sufficiently or fast enough to get production from him that is worthwhile - 1 year league? sure - roll the dice.