Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loui Eriksson's upside?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like Eriksson a lot. In my opinion he is playing right now pretty much up to his potential. I would hope for 80 points out of him and expect no less than 70. That's just from what little I've seen.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
    Anyone who even considers taking Hemsky over Eriksson in a keeper league (or any league for any season from here on out) is crazy!

Put me down for being crazy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yup... call me crazy, too.

I prefer Hemsky to Eriksson.

Eriksson = 75 points... Mr. consistent... year after year.

Give Hemsky some linemates and he can hit 90 points.

If you prefer Eriksson, that's fine... he's younger and will give you years of production. But, Hemsky has the ability to hit higher "highs" than Eriksson.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_trap View Post
    Yup... call me crazy, too.

I prefer Hemsky to Eriksson.

Eriksson = 75 points... Mr. consistent... year after year.

Give Hemsky some linemates and he can hit 90 points.

If you prefer Eriksson, that's fine... he's younger and will give you years of production. But, Hemsky has the ability to hit higher "highs" than Eriksson.
    Hemsky has never shown that he can do it consistently where Eriksson has just been improving every year. I like Eriksson over Hemsky .

Dobber Sports Initiate

This has turned into quite an interesting Hemsky, Loui battle...... Will be interesting to revisit this next February and see what it looks like.

If both are healthy (either could get hurt by the way), I guarantee you Hemsky has 10 more points at least than Loui at this stage. Edmonton's young kids are maturing, next year hemsky will likely be flanking Gagner with Penner. Gagner going into his 4th year and starting to produce now. This bodes well for that line next year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

oh... and, hemsky last 4 years ppg % are .95, .85, .95, .95, and 1.00 this year before he went down. Ya that isn't at all consistant. Keep in mind these were all very BAD Edmonton teams. He certainly has never had the linemates to play with that Loui has right now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It takes a guy like Hemsky to make Penner a point-per-game player... Eriksson could not accomplish such a feat!

Dobber Sports Stud

Hemsky does have more skill no doubt but he is always injured...end of story Eriksson hands down
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah, in a keeper it would come down to whether you wanted to go for the potential 90+point season from Hemsky, but with a significant risk of injury, or the continued development of Eriksson who will be the consistent 75+ player (and maybe more). I guess it would depend on the rest of your lineup. Hemsky clearly has higher end talent, but that's not necessarily what wins you fantasy titles (consistency and dependability, 80 games played year in and year out, is what does).
    Last edited by ross10019; January 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Its so easy to say Erickson when hes producing. All I can say is that you have to watch Hemsky play. Forget the stats, your pro or anti oil bias, and the reports you've probably read saying he doesnt shoot enough.

The guy is a human highlight reel- Gretzky called him the best one on one player hes ever seen. He is Datsyukian good with the puck- that guy took a little pre-heating too if I recall correctly.

I cant stress how unaffected I am by his numbers. If you watch him play you know he will be a star. Linemates dont even worry me- sure they would help- but if my gut is right it wont be too long before your wondering who gets to play with Hemmer and not vice versa.

Penner was point and case- well said...