Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Your questions...answered

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Limited Keeper League Trade

Hi Dobber,

Thanks for looking at my question!

We're in a limited keeper league, and teams out of the running are starting to dump their non-keepers for the future. I'm in a big dogfight for 1st with 3-4 other teams, and the arms race is on.

I've been offered this:
    Lecavalier (non-keeper)
    Frolov (3 year keeper) OR Olli Jokinen (1 year keeper)
    Ryan Whitney (3 year keeper)

in exchange for:
    Matt Duchene (3 year keeper)
    Kessel (3 year keeper)
    Shea Weber (3 year keeper)

Would you do this deal? He also has Nicklas Backstrom (WSH).

Thanks!
    Savage Gardener

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default P.S...

Sorry, just to add - it's a points-only league.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighabfan View Post
    Thanks for the chance to get some advice:

this year only, please pick top two based on cats. in sig.

Andy McDonald
    T.J Oshie
    Matt Moulson
    Troy Brouwer
    Rusty Olesz
    Patrick O'Sullivan
    Steve Sullivan
    Mark Recchi

also, which one would you dress for this week, Monday to Sunday, out of:?

Andy McDonald 4 games
    Matt Moulson 3 games
    Dustin Brown 3 games
    JVR 4 games

thanks for your insight
    I like O'Sullivan and Sullivan in the second half, and I like McDonald and Moulson for this week, because I know Moulson scored twice today already
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRules View Post
    Between Frolik and Fleischmann who would be the better Player for the rest of this Season? How many points will each score?

Also, who would be the better Keeper between Frolik and Fleischmann?

G-A-PTS-PIM +/- PPG-PPA-PPP-SHP-SOG-GWG

Thanks for the help.
    The second question I answered here dealt with this

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    in a keeper, who wins this trade?
    his Crosby and Hiller for my H.Sedin and Luongo
    thanks!
    Crosby and blah blah blah for blah blah blah and blah blah blah. The answer is the Crosby side wins. People doubt me, but wait until this guy is 27...he'll be unbelievable.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Hey Dobbs, absolutely love this site. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to answer these questions.

My league and team info are in my signature. My top 2 centres are Malkin+Getzlaf, but as per my league rules I am only allowed to keep 1 C so I was thinking of trading one before my trade deadline for a wing upgrade on Perry (Ovechkin, Heatley, Kane, Nash, Gaborik).

As you can see, my head-to-head pool counts faceoffs and penalty minutes. Malkin is listed as a C but does not win faceoffs. I know your advice is always if you have one of the top 3 never trade them, but I'm contemplating trading away Malkin and keeping Getzlaf who I feel is quite the multi-category stud. If you could provide me your insight as to what you think the right move is that would be great.

Also - going into next year, at this point, which 2 D(Green+Phaneuf?) and 1 G(Luongo?) would you keep from my team?

Thanks!

With multi cat and limited keepers, and your situation, if you can get Ovechkin for Malkin that would be perfect. A Getz/Ovy tandem beats a Malkin/Heatley tandem (or is very close) and seems to be within your grasp in a deal.

I...am your father.

I would also keep Green, Phaneuf and Luongo as you suggest

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Help Me Dobber

12-team one-year roto Yahoo league.

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, SV%

I sit in 3rd in my league. My goaltending is bringing me down, as I'm doing mediocre in Wins (7 out of the 12 roto points) and straight-up bad in SV% (3 out of the 12 roto points).

I have the following goalies:

Leclaire (always injured)
    Mason (you know the story here)
    Lundqvist (yay)
    Deslauriers (picked him up after Khabibulin peaced...but hasn't been too good)

How would you suggest I improve my SV% and grab a few more wins?

I want to somehow reduce the number of goalies I'm carrying also (to three) because it's taking away from my other available spots.

What is the deal with Raask? Will he get starts going forward? I know he'd help SV%

Some of my options:

1. Drop Mason?
    2. FA: Elliott, Osgood, Raask, Hedberg
    3. Keep Deslauriers?
    4. Could trade for Smith, but don't see him as helping much...

On a side note, would a Brown + Deslauriers for Langenbrunner trade be good for me for the rest of this year?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crosby

Trade Miller for Crosby?

If so what else would I have to give?

Does this make sense for me?
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Hello Dobber,

Thanks for taking the time and doing this. I'm in a keeper pool and I'm rebuilding my team. We follow the NHL cap of 56.8M and would like to add some prospects to my team. I can pick 3 of the following. I have looked over you mid-season guide and the prospects list but would like your final opinion. Who would you pick given our points system is 1 point for a goal or assist and we also have plus minus. I would like to have 2 of the 3 full time next year and can be patient with the last if he would only make a team in 2 or 3 years.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

Turris
    Eberle
    Couture
    Colborne
    Bowman
    MPS
    Tangradi
    Caputi
    Shirokov
    Grabner
    MakarovSkille

I would take Turris, Eberle and Caputi.

It's hard to turn my back on Colborne, MPS and Shirokov though. They all make a case for Caputi's spot, but I think Caputi can give you points next year in Pittsburgh and that's what I'm banking on. I don't think anyone on your list can give you 55 next year except for him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I like O'Sullivan and Sullivan in the second half, and I like McDonald and Moulson for this week, because I know Moulson scored twice today already
    ya, but I had to set my line-up by 1:00 so I went with McDonald. Thanks for the advice - I think I'll waive McDonald for Sullivan next week.
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Realistic Options

Hey Dobber,
    Last question, sorry to be a pest.

What do I need to do to my team to improve? Sitting in 5th again this year. Year 2
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

Thoughts on Kulikov, Jovanovski, and Marleau for next year, points only. Also, I can only keep one of these players for next year Sharp, JVR, O'Sullivan, who do I keep (points only keeper)? THANKS
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Ace

I would like to know what you think about Ryan Whitney? What can we expect over the next few years from this guy?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Your thoughts on Drew Stafford for the rest of the season and for next year? Hasn't yet taken a step forward this year but do you see him breaking out next year (which is his 4th full season in NHL). Or do you see him ending up as just a 40-50 point player?
    I still think he has 65-point potential. Little injuries keep cropping up and slowing him down, so you may have a Stephen-Weiss type of wait for him.