Thread: Brodeur (not Marty)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Brodeur (not Marty)

So will OTT ride Mike Brodeur for the short term coming off his shutout of the Rangers? Perhaps the way the Flyers rode Leighton once he played and refused to lose.

In a H2H league I'm in, always looking for a 3rd and 4th goalie to get games after my two starters.

Would Brodeur make a nice short-term pickup at this point?
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure how long they will ride him for - but he is playing Saturday.

It's an interesting situation. To be honest - he is entering his prime... his is a solid option...

BUT - he hasn't been given any experience at rookie level and I don't think he figures into any of the Sens plans unfortunately. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get misused. Not that he has any amazing talent...

Either way - its far too early to tell what the Sens will do with him.

I know Clouston was dishing him out the praise after the game and said 'we need him to keep playing this way now'

So that indicates that he will be around for awhile.

I have a small feeling the LeClaire will be out for a month or two...

I would say your guaranteed 2-3 starts - then it may depend on LeClaire's health and Elliott's performance

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by HyperScythe View Post
    Not sure how long they will ride him for - but he is playing Saturday.

It's an interesting situation. To be honest - he is entering his prime... his is a solid option...

BUT - he hasn't been given any experience at rookie level and I don't think he figures into any of the Sens plans unfortunately. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get misused. Not that he has any amazing talent...

Either way - its far too early to tell what the Sens will do with him.

I know Clouston was dishing him out the praise after the game and said 'we need him to keep playing this way now'

So that indicates that he will be around for awhile.

I have a small feeling the LeClaire will be out for a month or two...

I would say your guaranteed 2-3 starts - then it may depend on LeClaire's health and Elliott's performance
    Great insight, hyper, thanks. My starters are Lundqvist and Price, both keepers. But with the Price/Halak deal going on, I've been forced to pick up a 3rd and 4th G all season, so I can get enough starts weekly to keep up with my opponent. Right now my 3rd and 4th are Deslauriers and Hedberg. Both are on skids right now. Gotta think Deslauriers is in better position, since Dubnyk is not ready, Khabi is gone and I hear EDM will not attempt to trade for a goalie. Hedberg has gotten rocked lately, gotta think Pavelec is back in the driver's seat there. Both Mike Brodeur and Elliott are available on the wire.....pick up one of them? Both? Are either better options than Deslauriers or Hedberg? Thanks.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, I would say that either are better options right now (Depending which gets the upper hand)

I think it will be held the same way the Flyers handled Leighton/Boucher.

Brodeur starts the next game -- if he keeps winning, then they will keep playing him.

LeClaire's concussion seems fairly serious - he couldn't even watch the Sens game last night because he said the players kept 'spinning'. He is a sook - yes, but it still sounds fairly bad.

I think that the Oilers are tanking on purpose now - they have won what? 1 in the last 13?

Just checked -- its 1 in 14, so there is not help there.

Atlanta have made it pretty clear that they want Pavelec to be their guy. He seems to be picking it up a little now, Hedberg will only play as much as they think he can help them win, which isn't much lately (He has won 1 of his last 8 starts).

Right now -- I would likely drop JDD for Brodeur -- because I know that the Sens will play him next game and ride him as long as he is hot. Whereas Elliott is going to have to come in a steal some games. If Brodeur falters, then I expect them to share the starts with the slight edge to Elliott.

If you have the moves - ride Brodeur for a while because I don't see you getting much help from Deslauriers anytime in the future (SJ -- then COL and VAN then CHI)

Dobber Sports Stud

This is a great post because I was wondering about Mike Brodeur. I am DYING in the goalie position in my deep keeper. We start 20 out of 26 roster guys per week, including 2 goalies. We're only allowed to carry 3 goalies and I have Quick, Osgood and Conklin. You can see my problem! Should I drop Conklin and pick up Brodeur? At least he'll get some starts! Any advice appreciated.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Worth noting too -- that rotoworld just came out and said 'Elliot will start tomorrow if healthy' -- not sure where they are getting that from. That pretty much contradicts what Clouston said after the game the other day.

EDIT -- http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Thats the article rotoworld referenced. Just Ice chips.

It Says - Clouston will name his starter tomorrow.
    And I am fairly confident that he will go with Brodeur (Not B2B, give Elliott some more rest, reward Brodeur)

Mason has started the last 5 straight and the last 10 of 12. He has started to pickup his game again and will be their guy going forward. I don't expect Conklin to get much time unless Mason has a worse collapse than the other Mason.

If you have the moves -- go for it. If you don't have that many moves, might be worth waiting a game or two to asses further

Dobber Sports Initiate

Whoa sorry -- just read your post properly... Concentration fading :P

I'm not sure Brodeur warrants a pickup in any keeper leagues yet.

He might be a decent short term option -- but unless he plays stellar (and I mean incredible) then I don't think that he will play any more than Conklin would in say, a month or two when LeClaire returns. If you are DESPERATE for the shorterm help -- but I would be trading for a goalie in your situation instead