I am the commissioner of a keeper league, founded in 1995 and based in Ohio, that has evolved into what would best be described as a “retro-themed alternative universe NHL”.

The Colorado Rockies, Hartford Whalers, Winnipeg Jets, Quebec Nordiques, Cleveland Barons, etc. have all been reincarnated. All of the pics (and video clips) posted on the website are from the 70’s and 80’s NHL that I grew up loving. I do my best to include a plaster mask, Cooperalls, or a mustache wherever possible.

Basically, we re-formatted what had been a strong, but "traditional" fantasy league a few years ago and everybody started out with the roster of an actual NHL team and from that point forward made their own trades (or non-trades) and managed their team as they saw fit. Most rosters are already 50% diversified. I've already turned over about 2/3 of my roster.

It is a head-to-head/salary cap league that uses actual NHL salaries ($1 million = $1 US…thank you capgeek.com) and culminates with a 16-team winner-take-all battle for the Snow Cup and (this is the best part) about $1,500…

We had 20 teams the last two years and I am hoping to get up to 24 teams next year at around $80/team…you do the math. There are a few expenses taken out for the website and some all-star bonuses (Wales vs. Campbell Conference) but, win this league once, and you can play with house money for the next 20 years!

It is 100% web-based (CBS Sportsline) and does NOT include a traditional live draft so you can effectively run a team from anywhere in the world.

I am looking for a few experienced fantasy leaguers who would like to take over a team and try something different. I figured dobberhockey.com was the best place to look!

This is a very competitive league and you may have to start with an expansion team with a skeletal roster and pay your dues for a year or two, but some established teams may also become available.

Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I can give you access to the website so you can have a free look and see if it is something you are interested in.