Thread: Nabby quote

The King of Diatribes

Default Nabby quote

I found this kind of interesting:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...loss-to-blues/

Not that I think it will affect his play at all, but yeah. I did not see this play, did anyone else?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG7ESrd-1ro
    Right around the 4:50 mark is the play that leads to the goal. I'm guessing Vlasic was the one screening Nabby. He either should've blocked the shot since he was in front or help Nabby by moving the Blues player that was also in front of Nabby. Either way I still don't think it's right for Nabby to point out Vlasic in the media. Should keep that stuff between them. To me it shows him being selfish. I know especially last season Nabby let up some really soft goals and to my knowledge none of the players called him out specifially. Usually the blame gets spread around the team with the individual players knowing if they are at fault or not.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

The King of Diatribes

Thanks for posting the video. I watched this whole thing and to me a part of Nabby's comments must come from the frustration of allowing a goal in the final seconds of the game. He worked really hard in the last two minutes and to have it go to OT on a play like that is pretty aggravating.

Vlasic managed that play brutally, but that sort of thing happens all the time. Vlasic kind of got caught in between making two decisions. Like you said, he either should have taken the man right in front of Nabby or pushed out on Colaiacovo and blocked the shot. But getting stuck in between both of those decisions is where Nabokov has a right to be upset. Not right to call him out to the press though, he is a very young defenseman that is going to mis-manage situations like that. Nabby should have known better.

Again, kinda similar to Giguere and Clemmensen, better to keep the mouth shut LOL.

But yeah, that play by Vlasic was B R U T A L. I'd be way pissed if I were Nabby also, but gotta let that go.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...483?source=rss

An article after the fact where Nabby tries to clarify the finger pointing issue.

"I didn't single him out for the goal. What I said was he should block that shot. It doesn't mean that everybody else around gets excused from the play," Nabokov said. "And I still stand with that."

Later, Nabokov added: "You want me to tell the 10 mistakes before that? All I'm saying is with six seconds to go, all six guys on the ice, including the goalie, have to do whatever it takes."

It sounds like he tries to spread the blame though I wonder what the other 10 mistakes were and if any included him.

Personally I felt the Oshie shoot out goal was a lackluster effort on his side. I understand he was trying to poke check but WOW that five hole was wide open. In all honesty it looked like he didn't even try. Maybe he was still pissed at that game tying goal.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

The King of Diatribes

If any of you watched CBC Hockey Night in Canada CGY vs. SJ during the first intermission, then you heard them talk about Nabby calling out Vlasic and Healy said exactly what I said.

SHUT YO' MOUTH AND STOP THE PUCK!! It was hilarious. Any goalie would say the same thing, not sure why Nabokov had to say something to the media. Just stoking the flames of drama when it's totally not needed.

I did not see the shootout unfortunately but I'm not surprised that the Sharks ended up losing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Justin, I agree Nabby shouldn't have said anything to the media about it. Vlasic misplayed his man in the waning seconds, something I don't think Nabby expected because Vlasic is usually really good at making the simple play(or has been in the games I've caught this year).
    I think it was heat of the moment frustration, and I'm glad he clarified that Vlasic wasn't the only one who's responsible for that goal. Shouldn't have said anything, but at least he clarified.

I think that play as a whole deflated Nabby, and it showed in how he played in the shootout. *Shrug* Sucks he said what he said. Although it's funny to hear anything other than a political, cliched reply to any question from a Shark. I swear, the lamest media answers ever from them.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin